UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Can anyone provide me information on premed program in UCLA?

What all are the CS related majors in UCLA???

• Applied Mathematics

BS

• Computational and Systems Biology

BS

• Computer Engineering

BS

• Computer Science

BS

• Computer Science and Engineering

BS

• Data Theory

BS

• Linguistics and Computer Science

BA

• Mathematics

BS

• Mathematics of Computation

BS

• Mathematics/Applied Science

BS

• Mathematics/Economics

BS

• Statistics

BS

Pre-Med is an intention and not a major or specific program. What information are you looking for and what is your intended major at UCLA?

Try this link for more information: https://caac.ucla.edu/academic-planning/pre-med-pre-health-planning/

1 Like

I was recently admitted into UCLA, but due to a scheduling conflict, I am unable to take calculus at a community college due to it interfering with my high school class. Will I be rescinded for dropping it? I didn’t apply as a STEM major for context.

You should contact UCLA and explain the situation. Do not wait until final transcripts are due.
Keep any correspondence just in case.

From the housing portal [1]:

The Lifestyle Preferences Section on the Housing Application is extremely important as these preferences will be used during the roommate matching function in August. Students will be matched with the person(s) that best match the preferences lists. Students may update these preferences from the time their application is submitted until the housing offer is issued, by visiting the My Housing web site and clicking on the Application link.

From last year’s housing application [2]:

The roommate group process will be available by the end of the day on Thursday, June 10. Students will be notified via email once it is available.

HTH.

[1] Housing Assignment Information | Housing

[2] 2021-22 Undergraduate Housing Application | Housing

1 Like

My baby Bruin signed up for housing yesterday. She ranked the dorms and submitted the deposit. She saw she could form a roommate group and search for roommate profiles. The instructions there seemed to indicate that she should form her roommate group by May 1 to ensure she got placed with her group. Fwiw!

1 Like

My kid did end up finding the social media stuff for meeting other pre-frosh and possibly talking about forming roommate groups. There’s an instagram that is private (don’t have details because I don’t have IG) - you request to join and they somehow make sure you’re legit (I don’t know who the “they” is either…)

1 Like

Yes, my D is on a couple of UCLA class of 2026 Instagram pages and she’s chatting on some app that starts with a P. She seems to be meeting people! She doesn’t have her group yet but is having conversations with a few girls who share her interests and “vibe” :slight_smile:

There is an official Facebook page for UCLA’s Class of 2026, moderated by UCLA Bruin Media Group students and staff. Usually for parents.

BMG is also moderating a private student group on Instagram. To join students need to send a picture of their acceptance letter. They are up to 720 students, looking for friends and roommates.
https://www.instagram.com/uclaclassof_2026/

1 Like

Also, sometime back, there was a post about a Parents Facebok group for the class of 2026, but I’m unable to add myself. Tried twice, but doesn’t seem to work. Any idea? Thanks

Where is the link for the zoom presentations for bruin bound? About to start soon and I can’t find it…anybody know?

Found it.

1 Like

What were your stats?

We were on campus this past Saturday to attend an open house for the school of engineering. They had tents on South Campus that were staffed by various departments and clubs. It wasn’t a structured program for admitted students like they had pre-pandemic, but it was still nice for S22 to be on campus and get the vibe. We spoke to some of the faculty and they explained that they had to plan the event back in January when they were virtual, so they were forced to keep the event outside and limited. We did a self guided tour and walked through some of the classrooms and the student “makerspace” in Boelter Hall. He was able to talk to some upperclassman in his major and get some feedback on the program and the culture at UCLA. It was definitely worthwhile to make the trip in person. On Sunday, the school of engineering had a Zoom program as well, but I think he’s pretty tired of Zoom presentations and didn’t get much out of it.

3 Likes

Which engineering major is your student accepted for? We were there on Friday- i wish we were there on Saturday but I wanted to be there when kids were going to classes to see the vibe.

Our son is mechanical engineering. What major is your student?

Materials engineering- he enjoys physics and chemistry, so this major suits him.

Have alumni scholarship decisions gone out yet? Just wanting to make sure we have all the information as D22 gets closer to a decision.

2 Likes