UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

One of our kids did that at UCSB and it gave him a great start. UCLA’s program has fewer class choices, or at least it did 5 years ago, but if they work out for your son that would be great. By the time the mad rush of fall quarter comes along, he’ll be a pro and know his way around.

That is exactly what our goal would be for him if he attends. You are correct, there’s little choice in terms of classes offered, but they are the ones he’s interested in taking. All science related.

I know at UCSB they offer the Freshman Summer Start program and the students live in the dorm. Does UCLA offer a similar program for summer classes?

1 Like

I think it’s the College Summer Institute (CSI):

2 Likes

Hey there - Just wondering if anyone has received word on regents scholarships yet? My son was invited to apply and submitted everything on time, but hasn’t heard anything. Would be nice to know before making his final college decision. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks- I guess had no idea about this summer start option for freshmen. It sounds fabulous. Thanks for bringing this up!

2 Likes

It is a great opportunity to get acclimated and a headstart.

1 Like

My son hasn’t heard back

I’m trying really hard to find a platform where I can discuss the upcoming Summer semester seamlessly with fellow UCLA Class of 2026 students. I don’t know whether WhatsApp is really among the best of platforms but I think it can help as we look for better alternatives. We can use this link to try to come up with a community that we can use to help one another. Thanks WhatsApp 群组邀请

Hi. We are doing the campus tour tomorrow. Having heard that UCLA has the best food in US. Is there any student dining hall that also let the visitors purchase food? If not, any other recommendation?
I apologize if this question should be posted to other thread. Searched a little bit before posting, but not able to find one. Thank you.

We toured a few times this month but didn’t see dorm food. We heard from friends, food is great and saw videos that confirmed this. Idk if dorm restaurants and cafes are open to visitors. But on campus there are some restaurants you can try. Fast food types. Panda express. Rubios. Subway. Blaze. You can also take a stroll, about 15 min walk (+/-) to Westwood Village. Lots of variety there. Enjoy your campus visit.

1 Like

They’re still not allowing outsiders into the dining halls. We still can’t go to lunch with our kid there. We have to go off campus to Westwood.

Summer classes for pre freshman do not fill up fast. Honestly I would wait until fall to start. Have ur son enjoy summer and hope he becomes a Bruin!

1 Like

Dining halls will prob be open to visitors in the fall. Rec stopping by bplate if you’re only going to 1.

1 Like

For Regents Scholarship, supposed to hear by end of 3rd week of April…so I assume tomorrow.

1 Like

Thxs. His friends who already submitted their SIR to UCLA told him the on campus courses for the summer have already filled up. There’s online availability. So if this is true he’ll just find something locally to do. Classes, work or keep us company. He’s flying up tomorrow for Cal day. His heart is already set on being a Bruin. But feeks obligated to give Cal a chance. Makes sense to me.

Thxs for all your wealth of info on here.

2 Likes

Our tour guide told us that visitors are not allowed to eat in the residence dining halls due to Covid restrictions. But everyone agrees the food is great!

Thank you all! Appreciated all the responses and information provided here.

My daughter hasn’t heard back On Regents Scholarship either. She did go ahead and commit. Assuming today (Friday 4/22) is the end of the third week.

I think for dorm food, you may need a friend to swipe you some items… I am not sure if you can buy them with cash or credit cards :yum: