UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

No.

@momtomusicians @KTJordan78

” In the past 100% of those invited to fast track have been admitted.”

@momtomusicians: If you look at @10s4life answer to another posters inquiry about the same email post #288, it was stated that in the past 100% of the Fast track applicants were admitted. Consider it a Very Likely Letter and wait for the actual acceptance. Congratulations to your son.

Thank you so much @gzza73 and @Gumbymom . Its DS top pick. We will probably have to wait for end of march but this does offer a huge relief. Apologies for not reading the already posted info. I was too excited and came straight to post my question.
Also another data point he did get the alumni scholarship invite.

@10s4life is the release date confirmed? how do you know about the date this year? I heard that last year was 3/15 so I was assuming that this year it would be 3/16 on that friday? thnks!!

@momtomusicians yeah my S19 got that same letter. Congrats on both!

@gzza73 @Gumbymom @momtomusicians @musiciangoaler

Sorry for the confusion. It is not an admission letter but rather a very very likely letter. So I guess, I would wait to celebrate until the official package is released. But like I said there hasn’t been an applicant who got the letter and was denied in years past. In terms of the release date, it is not officially confirmed but I was told by an official in the office of enrollment management that is the most likely date of release based on current schedules. However it is possible the Friday prior is the actual date. Dates don’t really get solidified until the very end of February. Regardless it is coming very soon as the volume of campus tours has increased dramatically over the past week and continues through March. Best of luck.

P.S. the ucla admissions twitter may offer some hints in the days leading up to release.

@10s4life thank you for your response! I was also wondering what are some GE for the college of l+s since it is time to order AP exams so I want to take some if I can and get credit for it in college.

@musiciangoaler AP credits cannot be used for GEs. Only for a class that will fulfill a major pre req. By and large for UCLA they are a waste of money.

@10s4life do you about how many invites they send out for Fast track program? And around how many get invited to discover engineering open house? Thanks!

@gzza73 Fast track is very small. I’m not a part of it. It’s basically engineering regents. Not sure about discover engineering invites. Everyone admitted to engineering will get invited at time of admission to Bruin day and discover engineering. Discover engineering is an awesome event and I highly recommend. I flew to both Bruin day and discover engineering even though I had already committed and found it totally worth it.

@musiciangoaler go here to see how AP credit can be applied at the different UCs. http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/exam-credit/ap-credits/index.html

@lkg4answers It’s misleading as it shows it fulfills a lot of classes but only if ones major requires those classes. GE credit isnt given at UCLA.

@10s4life and @Gumbymom if possible, please answer this. This is a repost since it went unanswered

This question might be a little bit of a stretch. Im from NorCal and over last summer, i got to attend CA Boys State with two other guys in my school out of a pool of 50 candidates. I was selected b/c of my leadership and EC. As far as I have heard, Boys State is a pretty impressive/prestigious program. What do UC’s, specifically UCLA, think about something like Boys State? Is it something to seperate me from the general crowd since only very few kids get to be sponsored to go? (My GPA is on the low side by my SAT is 75th percentile)

@10s4life @lkg4answers Thanks for the response! What kind of GE classes are for l&s specifically poli sci? Do I need to take chemistry, advanced calc or multivariable algebra etc?
Sorry I just want to understand more about the GEs and how it works for the UCs as i am aware the rules aren’t exactly the same but similar.

10s4life knows more than I do. I can just direct you to the website where information is listed. Every UC is different. UCLA’s GE requirements are listed here. https://www.registrar.ucla.edu/Academics/GE-Requirement/Campuswide-GE-Requirements-Overview

@letsgorams Extra curriculars are all evaluated based in context of the applicant. There isn’t one program or achievement that will cause someone to be autoadmitted.

@musiciangoaler The Ge link the above poster posted is there. You don’t need to worry about enrolling in classes until orientation. The new student adviser assigned to your group will walk you through it all.

@10s4life thank you! My S19 just replied to an email he got inviting him to breakfast before engineering open house on 4/14. See you there!

@gzza73, Congratulations! Did he also get the alumni scholarship invite?