UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

Hi all, I applied as a freshmen applicant nursing major and had a question regarding the decision process.
When decisions are being made for nursing majors, is your original application taken into account as well as the supplemental application? I was really confident about my 4 personal insight questions and I wanted to know if they even mattered if I had to complete the supplemental (personal statement, resume, letters of rec)… although I feel fairly well about those too, just wondering!

@fuzzystar Applying for nursing means you only get considered for nursing. If the original app doesn’t matter then UCLA wouldn’t have you fill it out in the first place. So yes it does matter. The supplement is just additional info.

So are we betting on 3/15 or 3/22?

tbh imma bet 3/15 :smiley:

i sure hope it’s sooner than later !! :-SS

@10s4life Does the committee that reviews Regents scholarship applications have any influence over admissions decisions?

@glitchyintegral no. But getting invited for regents means your top so you are prob getting in anyways. Regents threshold is above getting admitted

Are decisions definitely going to be released on a Friday? And are all decisions released at the same time?

the last time the calendar fell the same way it did this year (with March 1st being the first Friday of the month) was 2013. I looked at the UCLA thread from that year and decisions came out on the 22nd so I’m assuming it’s going to be the same for this year unfortunately but idk

@livv13 im pretty sure last year it came out on march 16th. i was with my friend when she opened it

Good question @charllev as we are currently waiting for CPSLO atm and they’ve been dribbling out for days now. So frustrating when they could have mailed letters more quickly!

What does getting an offer to apply for regents mean? My friends said that it means we are basically in, but I do not want to get my hopes up. Thanks.

Thanks a lot! @10s4life

@kerlykerls I’m talking about the decisions from 2013 (ucla class of 2017 thread), not the decisions from last year. i brought up decision day in 2013 because the calendar fell the same way that it did this year. UCLA decisions are usually released the third friday in march. in 2013 the third friday in march was the 15th, just as it will be this year, but decisions were released a week later on the 22nd so that’s why i said I’m assuming it’ll be the 22nd this year as well but i don’t know for sure

SLO’s admissions are painful although they seem to be better this year than in the past. In the past they released some on Friday and then nothing until Monday. I believe Irvine also rolls out their admissions over a few days.

@livv13 in 2017 it was march 17, 2018 it was march 16, i think it’ll be march 15 this year

I got the Regents email and I don’t want to get my hopes up. Is there even a slight chance that I’m not getting in even though I got invited to apply?

I hope I hear back on March 15 which is when it should be based on when the decisions came out last year.

Around what time were the results released in the previous years?

@musiciangoaler Around 5pm pst. The servers will crash and go down almost instantly as everyone will try and log in. I’d check around 7-9 pm if you don’t want it to crash on you.