UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@WilliamCollege: @10s4life beat me to answering. ^^^^^

@10s4life: You are suppose to be on Spring Break, go enjoy and the CC posters will have to be content with waiting a while for the answers or will be have to deal with me. :smile:

Thx guys @Gumbymom @10s4life

Echoing the voices around here about @10s4life - if my D chooses UCLA I am gonna tell her to date you! Just sayinā€¦ lol ?

What exactly do you get with the UCLA alumni scholarship program and how many people get interviews?

Just recieved and email from the alumni association that I got an interview for the alumni scholarship. For those who have been through the process, how should I prepare? Any tips? Thanks!

for alumni scholarship, they told us weā€™d get an email letting us know if we advanced to the next round by today 3/26. do you get an email at all if you donā€™t qualify for the next round? and are emails sent in waves? @10s4life @Gumbymom

@sammygrammy: The little I know about the process is that you will be emailed if you advanced, but you if you do not, that I cannot say for sure. I would think they would at least thank you for applying but I am guessing here.

@Gumbymom thank you! Iā€™m all good now I got an email saying I advanced in the process :slight_smile:

@sammygrammy: Congratulations!!!

I also wonder with the Alumni Scholarships if you have to have already accepted admission.

This language is on the financial aid page:
If you had applied for any of the scholarships listed in the UC Application, Financial Aid and Scholarships will notify you of your eligibility. Some scholarships may be reflected on your Provisional Award Notification Letter (PAL) while others may be offered at a later date if you accept your admission to UCLA.

@10s4life @jrncyn PREP id Pilipino Recruitment Enrichment Prorgam. They are invited for overnight stay.
Congrats @jrncyn my son also got the PREP invite and is an Electrical Engineering major.

D got email stating she did not advance to next level for alumni scholarship but might be evaluated again if funds are available at the end of the process

Hi I was admitted with undeclared social sciences as my major selection. Does this place me at a disadvantage in any way when I ultimately choose my major? And are all SS majors open to me (even Business Econ)? Thanks

After reading some comments on this thread about visiting UCLA for accepted students, it sounds like some admits are given travel vouchers for overnight stay? Weā€™re from OOS, so does everyone receive them or are only a select group offered these vouchers. Any insight would be appreciated!

How many interviews are given for the alumni scholarship?

I received an email stating that I will advance to the next round of the alumni scholarship interview process with a phone interview. However, when I logged into my scholarship account where the application was submitted, it now says that my general application is not submitted. I find this slightly odd. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

I still havenā€™t gotten an email about my status on the Alumni Scholarship. I got the previous emails, so I know they have received my application. Has everyone else received their responses??

@stress23 how are you? Have you been able to find out about the overnight stay/fly out program for Bruin day?? I canā€™t find anything and would love to go. Thanks.

Yes, same thing happened with sonā€™s account. Maybe itā€™s another glitch like the Regentā€™s application.

Replying to calidreamā€™s issue