UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@momtwin why did she choose ucla over ucsb ultimately? We are in the same situation. S major is civil eng, at ucla, and mech at ucsb. not sure what to do?

@BeCheap4me2 Go to the admitted students days. Those help a lot. Or touring the campuses. I chose UCLA over UCSB both for Electrical Engineering because UCLA offered the best blend of future career opportunities, academics, sports, and student life. It was truly the total package. I donā€™t regret the choice at all and love it here.

@10s4life thank you for sharing!! it helps. S not into sports/parties/greek at allā€¦just academia

Will u opt-in? If u donā€™t mind me askingā€¦

D dropped a statistics course that she was taking in a local community college in the first semester after she submitted her UC application (due to health issue). She reported that to the UC application center in January and received a confirmation email saying they will make this change viewable to all the UCā€™s she applied to.
On her accepted applicant portal, on the left hand side , there is menu called ā€œReport Changesā€. Does she need to report this once again even though she already notified UC application center long before she received an admission offer?
Thanks

@10s4life i reported 5 APs senior year but iā€™m only going to take 3 since I do not feel prepared for the other 2ā€¦ do i have to report this to ucla? will i get rescinded?

@10s4life i reported 5 APs senior year but iā€™m only going to take 3 since I do not feel prepared for the other 2ā€¦ do i have to report this to ucla? will i get rescinded?

@collegeappsznnn They donā€™t care if you donā€™t take an AP exam

Does anyone know when move-in day/weekend is this coming fall?

Thu Sep 19-Sat Sep 21 will be move in this year (fall quarter starts Mon Sep 23). See https://www.registrar.ucla.edu/Calendars/Annual-Academic-Calendar#77070292-2019-20 for the quarter dates.

@10s4life Thereā€™s a lot going on at Bruin Day. What would you say are the key ā€œdonā€™t missā€ events/tours that day? FYI - we are in-state, L&S and took a regular campus tour last spring. Thanks!

@longbeach18 Def try and use the online personalized schedule builder. It will help organize your day. I wouldnā€™t miss:

1. Chancellors welcome
  2. Your intended majors presentation
  3. Visit a bunch of student orgs/ org presentations that you are interested in
  4. Housing tour on the hill
  5. Eat lunch at bplate on the hill

Does anyone know how long are the campus and housing tours on Bruin Day?

Rejected from Berk but got in to LA!

@DMonkey The schedule on Bruin day should say how long they last but both would be about an hour.

@summeramaranth Congrats for your admitted to UCLA Applied Math major! Do you mind to share your stats (SAT General Test scores, SAT Subject Test scores & AP test scores (4 or 5,ā€¦) ?
Thank you!

@HOPE888 do you know that you can click on a memberā€™s name and it will take you to all of their posts? Often people have posted their stats in other threads.

@HOPE888 Itā€™s generally not polite to continually solicit for scores and other personal info like that. If you look at those who voluntarily posted stats in the decision thread that can give you an idea. The UCLA undergrad admissions website which is easily searchable has detailed stats on the applicant pool, admitted pool, and registered students pool. College Confidential also isnā€™t the best sampling pool to begin with too. If youā€™re in the 75th percentile on up then youā€™re in decent shape. Admissions is so unpredictable that asking a bunch of users for scores isnā€™t very useful. AP exam scores are not used for admission at UCLA. I know you want the best for your daughter but youā€™ve asked dozens of users on here for stats and that isnā€™t the most productive use of the forum. Thanks for understanding.

@lkg4answers Oh, Ok, thank you very much for the info!

Has anyone heard about the Alumni Scholarship after the interview?