UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

rejected:( that’s ok!!!
SAT: 1220, GPA, 4.14 unweighted, 3.95 weighted

Rejected, as expected.

Good luck to everyone :smile:

accepted to pre-computational & systems biology (first choice)
UC capped weighted - 4.2, unweighted - 3.9, weighted - 4.5
ACT - 36, SAT Bio M - 780, SAT Chem - 790, SAT Math II - 800
very unique & original essays

@user_545976: UCLA aims for a Freshman class of 6300 but they accept more than 6300 since not all accepted students will enroll. UCLA’s acceptance rate last was 12.4% so if the acceptance rate is similar, then they should admit at least 12,000+ applicants.

Where are you getting that number? There’s no way they only admitted 6300.

Accepted: Reed, UVM, LMU, Chapman, Boulder
Rejected: Tulane, GW, Santa Clara, UC Davis, Santa Barbra, La
Waitlisted, SDSU, UW and Santa Cruz

Rejected and completely heartbroken

Son waitlisted for CS
SAT: 1530, 800 Physics, 780 Math 2
4.00 unweighted GPA, 4.4 Weighted

Congrats to folks that got in! My kid is getting waitlisted everywhere it seems. Getting into CS major no joke

Accepted :slight_smile: (shortlisted for Regents, didn’t get)
SAT: 1560
GPA: 4.8/4.0 (UC)
SAT II: 800 math, 760 chem
EC’s: writing (fiction and scientific), publications, research internship, decade of piano
Accepted: UCSD, UCD (30k Regents), UCSC (8k Merit), UCI
Deferred: Yale
Rejected: currently nowhere :slight_smile:

Mine still isn’t showing up in the portal and no email. Anyone else have this problem?

Do we know whether no mention of Regents automatically means not selected? Thanks!

Accepted!
(But going to cal poly slo)
Major: environmental science
W GPA: 4.4? Ish?
SAT: 1500
Didn’t take subject tests
No community service hours
Saved by the essays FOR SURE
Lots and lots of work hours
Varsity volleyball (4 years), varsity track (3 years), varsity Xc (1 year)

In the decision letter, UCLA said they only admitted 6300 people out of 109,000

Denied. Deducting all my application fees as a state tax deduction this tax year. Will excel and make another state further prosper, go figure.

Accepted!
Chicano/Chicana studies
Sat:1440
Gpa: 4.27 W
Ec: CLYLP alumni 2018, president of model UN Latino club and California scholarship federation, volunteer at a crisis center, volunteer w cats in shelter
Accepted: UConn, UC Davis honors program, UCSB, penn state honors, notre dame merit finalist, umiami, uiuc
Waitlisted: UC Irvine, Barnard college, American university

@sbahl08 Thats the Eventual class size. Admitted students will prob number around 18,000

Daughter accepted OOS
SAT 1540
ACT 35
2 Subject tests 780 each
Does anyone know if they have any scholarship to National Merit Finalists?
We didn’t do FAFSA - we know she will not get anything. Any chance for any other merit scholarship? She has 30k from Tulane - tough choice.

Accepted??!!
Major: pre business economics
SAT: 1410, 18 total essay score
GPA: 4.05
From Connecticut with great extracurriculars and strong essays.
Congrats to everyone!

Hey everyone, I was accepted into my first-choice major in the college of letters and sciences but have a question about my second-choice major.

I wanted to apply to computer science and engineering in the school of engineering, but when I visited the campus before applying, the engineering school spokesman recommended applying to one’s less selective preferred major as a first choice and the more selective preferred major (presumably in the engineering school) as a second choice, since he said that you can only be rejected, accepted to your first choice, or accepted to your first and second choice at UCLA (basically, the implication was that if rejected by your first choice, you won’t be forwarded to your second choice). And I followed his recommendation.

So, my acceptance letter did not mention my second choice. Does that mean I was not admitted to CSE?

My son accepted for CS major

SAT 1560
GPA UW 4.0 / W 4.3 (UC scale)
SAT II: 800 math, 790 bio, 790 physic
Good EC
NMF
6 AP (all 5)
Varsity swimming
Perfect essay.
Accepted to all UCs (except UCR/M), SLO, SJSU and a few other out of state universities with COA.