UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Which ones give you access to research, clinicals, all the things you need for med school, GPA and MCAT aside?

Ditto :slight_smile:

I’ve been admitted into UCLA for Theatre, and UC Berkeley L&S (intending to major in theatre) - anyone have any knowledge about these programs and advice on how to decide?

UCLA is excellent

1 Like

Obviously both are highly regarded schools, but UCLA had a top theater program.

1 Like

Dont know much about CMC, iknow UCLA isextremely competative

Same here except S did not apply to Cal. Admitted to other UCs.

My D also got the UCLA alumni invite and the 2nd reminder. She was admitted, but rejected from Cal.

I always advocate to attend the school you are a direct admit for. Way less stressful trying to compete to get into a major.

3 Likes

Between those, seems easy, UCLA all the way for Theatre!

3 Likes

How flexible is it to change majors at UCLA? Not into engineering though

Extremely easy, since everyone in L&S isn’t in the major they have on their admission letters. Its a pre major designation so your degree audit report on MyUCLA will guide you to eventually declaring the major. It also will determine what group you are in at orientation.

2 Likes

Not only that, it’s easy to add or even delete majors/minors! I deleted a major, added a minor, changed a minor…

Just have a major ready to go before graduation and you’re A-OK!

The most popular major at UCLA is…

…undeclared, followed by psychology.

1 Like

do they send out admission packages to internationals this year??

Do any of y’all know if alumni scholarships are out?

Anyone else not received a PAL from UCLA? My daughter has received the prelim awards from Cal, UCSB, UCD but not UCI, UCSD or UCLA. The fin aid “grant” offers have varied (from the ones received) after the tuition Cal Grant and $5500 loans are applied. FAFSA was filed Feb 4 and all UC schools listed.

The preliminary finaid estimate is available on the UCSD portal. The official offers arent out but there is a tab called aid where you can check your estimate :). Not sure about the other UCs.

Has anyone else received a sketchy email saying data was stolen from the University of California and will be sold into the darknet?

1 Like

Yes! It seems like the hackers actually do have our private info, but I guess there’s nothing we can do about it now…