UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Good luck

Did anyone get an email from UCLA about supplying additional information “after reviewing your application”?

Where you given additional questions to answer? What additional information are they requesting?

It’s the supplemental questionnaire

Several UCLA CC posters have gotten a supplemental review. If you want to know more, here is the official UC information:

https://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/governance/policies/2110.html

If you want to talk to specific applicants that received the supplemental I am listing a few:
@teenager146
@liveonboca
@stressed2study

2 Likes

Just curious. Where did you find the 6%? The link you provided says no more than 15% of applicants can be selected for an Augmented Review. Thanks.

I believe there was a UC counselor conference that mentioned 6% for 2019 applicants. Yes, the UC document states up to 15% but UCLA has asked for some supplemental reviews before, but this year it appears to more than usual.

Wow!

I think it makes sense that there would be more since they don’t have the test score piece of the puzzle.

I agree.

In the scholarship portal it says the deadline to apply for Regents is 2/15. Does that mean Regents invitations have already been sent out? Can’t imagine they would send out invitations only a few days before the application is due.

1 Like

which scholarship portal?

This is the portal:
https://prospective-ugstudents-ucla.academicworks.com/opportunities

2 Likes

This makes the announcement timing discussion very interesting!

1 Like

That is true. I haven’t heard of anyone getting one tho

Getting a supplemental review isn’t a good or bad thing, I’d like to think its neutral. It means something in your application has triggered the need to get a more holistic view of the applicant in order to make a decision. Typically this is because of a special talent listed, hardship, or change in grade trend (either up or down). The important takeaway is, if you get the supplemental request you MUST fill out the applicable info as not responding is almost certain to result in rejection. Since most applicants do not get the supplemental don’t be alarmed as you are in the vast majority of applicants who have enough info in their app for the AO’s to make a decision.

The UCLA regents process changed as of last year. Before no app was needed and selectees were chosen at the time of admission. Now there is an app. If you are notified you are selected to apply for Regents it means you have basically been admitted to UCLA, congrats! If you get the regents scholarship, there are significant perks to it.

@10s4life I’m not sure that’s really true… in the email invite to apply for regents scholarship, it says, “ Please note that this invitation to apply for the Alumni Scholarship does not constitute an offer of admission nor does it infer any likelihood of admission .” I thought everyone got the email?

@temeculapops The regents scholarship is different than the alumni scholarship. In the past, the scholarship portals showed regents for some applicants but that was a portal glitch. Regents is only for the top percentage of the pool. If you are invited for regents it means you will be admitted but they just cant say it yet. Its a 99.9% chance.

The alumni scholarship email is sent to a select pool of applicants. It is a large pool but not the majority. It is based on a preset of screening criteria. There is no causation for admission for getting that email but there is correlation to getting in if you get the email. The reason for that is because doing well on the screening criteria matches well with the admission criteria. Past years had 60-80% correlation but that has been reduced. I do not have current data but it is still a positive correlation.

3 Likes

@10s4life ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up :+1: