UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

I just got an email inviting me to apply for UCLA Regents. Is this sent to everyone?

2 Likes

I also got it and was wondering the same. Also, do Regents invites generally get accepted?

1 Like

What does the email say?

"I would like to encourage you to apply for the UCLA Regents Scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year.

The UCLA Regents Scholarship represents one of the highest honors awarded to entering students at the University of California and offers a merit award of $2,000 per year for four years. Scholars who have additional financial need, based upon a review of their FAFSA, could receive additional scholarships and grants to cover their demonstrated need.

Please note that this invitation to apply for the Regents Scholarship does not constitute an offer of admission. UCLA’s Faculty Committee on Honors, Awards and Prizes will evaluate Regents Scholarship applicants and select the recipients. Regents Scholarship winner notifications are included on their Provisional Award Letter (PAL) in late March with the release of Admission Decisions"

1 Like

Ah I see. It sounds like the regents email but usually it means you’re admitted so idk why it is saying that it doesn’t constitute admission

Congratulations to those who received invites to apply for Regents. @hm8901 no it is not sent to everyone. @thegenius1 it is sent to the top applicants so there is a higher than average chance of acceptance. @stressed2study UCLA does not admit students early.

5 Likes

Congratulations @hm8901 and @thegenius1! Just curious what your stats are and major? If you do not mind sharing…good luck!

Thank you! I’m unsure if this is really sent out to a few people though—on reddit it seems like more people got it. But I have a 4.0 UW (my school doesn’t weight) and I applied for Human Biology.

Got excited for a minute. But, it was just a UC email reminder to apply for financial aid/FAFSA.

2 Likes

Ughhh I didn’t get the email yet : ( but I did get the supplemental questions so I’m probs borderline

I also got the invite! UCLA has been my goal for so long and I’m so happy that I have a pretty good shot at getting in now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did they all get sent out at once?

Congratulations to those who got the invite! Does it give you a special code to apply too? Also, may I know the title of the email? Thanks!

Does everyone have it as a “recommended option?” Even those who did not receive the invitation?

1 Like

Title: You are invited to apply for UCLA Regents Scholarship. And yes, it gave me a code in the email.

2 Likes

Is it possible that more will get sent out later?

I see it as a recommended option, but I haven’t received an email.

2 Likes

sorry where are you seeing this?

You need a code to apply that is sent in the email

If you got an invite, it’s in an email sent to the email you used for your uc application

1 Like