UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Just wondering, did you fill out the alumni scholarship?

Yes, and it was down to the wire. Felt it was really redundant to the application and was difficult to come up with another essay. I don’t feel like it turned out too well, but nothing to lose I guess.

hi! i received both emails, but what is the questionnaire you’re talking abt?

I literally ended up copying and shortening my common app essay for one of the prompts and the other didn’t come out that amazing

It’s basically a questionnaire that asks you to write a few more essays if you have a special talent/acheivement and/or obstacles that affected your academic achievement. It’s usually given to students that are borderline applicants or students that mentioned a huge talent/life obstacle in their application. But don’t worry, the VAST majority of accepted students/applicants don’t receive a supplemental questionnaire request.

This website explains it thoroughly: supplemental questionnaire

4 Likes

great thank u!!

Do you guys think there’s any significance in the UCLA 2025 Instagram page following me on Instagram?

Those accounts are usually student-run and have no affiliation with the admissions office. However, consider it a good-omen if we’re thinking positively. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is just a general UC question, but does anyone know how difficult it would be for me to change my major if I do enroll at a UC school? I applied for physics at all UCs, but I now think I want to major in geophysics.

When I went on tours at certain UCs early last year, everyone said that they knew a ton of people who changed majors. Just want to confirm.

Sorry, no. It’s pretty well-proven that none of those kinds of things mean anything.

Just FYI: there is a way to post in the UC - General section. Might be a better place for the question.

1 Like

You would need to look at the Geophysics major page for each campus and see what the requirements are to declare the major.

how popular is bioengineering at ucla, ive been looking at a lot of forums and not a lot of people have applied for that? just wondering like is it not good or is it just super selective at ucla?

curious if anyone thinks an OSS with top GPA (4.8 wtd), tons of APs, extracirricular, leadership etc — now given no/blind SAT/ACT consideration this year obvioulsy — does this increase likelihood of acceptance given there is no ACT/SAT to separate applicants? Thoughts?

anyone received discover engineering/UCLA email yet?

no… is that bad

no.

When does that usually come?

When are we expecting the results to be out?

March 19

1 Like