UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

For non-scholarships UCLA and UCI will likely come out on the third friday in march which is March 19. UCSB is normally on tuesday of the same week which may be March 16. Berkeley will be on march 25. Not as clear for UCD or UCSD but likely on March 11 for Davis and March 12 for SD

7 Likes

Thanks! This is great information. Exciting times for many! :slight_smile:

@Wazzu2012 This group is so helpful, isn’t it? I was going to ask the same questions. The Ivy League schools delayed their announcements to 4/6-5/3 today. I hope UC won’t have that big of a delay. Also, are you “Wazzu” as in Washington State Pullman?

how did you see the gpa that uc calculated for you? is it on the application website after submitting?

Did anyone else get an email asking them to apply for the alumni scholarships program? Not sure if they sent this to everyone…

1 Like

Checked with my son. My mistake; it was only done for his CSU application.

Yep, the CSU app did calculate a GPA for the applicant. I didn’t see my kid’s UC app submission, but I was wondering if the UC app calculated one after entering grades.

Did you or your kid get one? We didn’t yet…

Yes, I got one at 2pm, OOS. If anyone knows more about this please lmk!

1 Like

Son got this just now. In state. Don’t know anything about it

It’s just a general email. All UCLA applicants received it.

“ As a UCLA applicant, you are invited to apply for one of the university’s oldest and most prestigious scholarships offered by the Alumni Scholarships Program.

This is an opportunity to be considered for a merit-based scholarship ranging from $6,000 to $20,000 and to be a member of the esteemed [Alumni Scholars Club.
Please note that this invitation to apply for the Alumni Scholarship does not constitute an offer of admission nor does it infer any likelihood of admission. UCLA’s Financial Aid and Scholarships Office will select the recipients after an initial evaluation by the Alumni Association Scholarship Review Committee. The first round of Alumni Scholarship winner notifications will be included on the Provisional Award Letter with the release of Admission Decisions. Further Alumni Scholarships will continue to be offered to incoming students throughout the summer.”

1 Like

Hm, my kid hasn’t received that email yet…must be coming out in waves.

2 Likes

My son received this letter today too. He is applying to TFT. They clearly state it is not an offer of admission, but don’t know if everyone receives or not.

OOS-didn’t get one.

My S21 did get one! We received the email.

I haven’t received one yet (I’m OOS).

I stand corrected. My son did receive the scholarship email. (OOS-Texas)

My daughter received one. It was in her junk mail. In state pre-nursing.

lol if I didn’t get one, are my chances zilch? 4.4 + 3 800s on SAT 2s. I go to a public Californian school but I don’t have citizenship so I think I’m technically an international. Applied bioengineering.

Thank you! I checked and mine was in spam.