UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

I love your quote :heart_eyes: Best of luck to you as well.

1 Like

They matter for fully weighted GPA, though, which at a minimum UCB and UCLA do consider.

And my larger point was that the big public schools with minimal counseling resources are just putting kids through the typical paces with no sort of strategic planning, no discussion of potential impact for college. My son easily could have moved his 2 AP courses from 9th grade into 10th grade - if someone had been advocating for him. That would have greatly impacted his UC GPA for the better. As first-time parents, we didn’t know. It’s all good for our kid - he will land in a great place no matter what - I do worry for kids who lack help both at home and at school.

3 Likes

I am OOS and nervous now about UC GPA. I just input my GPA on my transcript into UC application. Do I need to convert them to UC GPA first?

I believe UCs recalculate your GPA based on the course grades that you enter, so I wouldn’t worry. @Gumbymom could confirm.

that hit deep😔

The UC’s will calculate out your UC GPA’s so no worries.

The issue with OOS students is that OOS Honors designated classes are not given the Honors point bump, but your HS course rigor is still noted. AP/IB and UC transferable DE classes are given the honors point bump. If you want to PM me and list your grades and classes for 10-11th, I will gladly calculate your UC GPA’s.

1 Like

UCSB came out at around 2:30-3:00 PST, does anyone think that UCLA could possibly follow the same pattern and come out earlier than 5 PST?

My portal is down. Says it will be back up this evening

1 Like

I will not be able to focus at all today. I’m so scared.

Stupid question. I am in California, and am expecting a Johns Hopkins Decision at 3pm Eastern. Should i also check at three, or a six?

You should check at 12 PM! 12 PM PST = 3 PM EST

12 pm your time

Thank you so much. Glad UC recalculates/converts GPA. I have been accepted into other UC schools earlier and want to make sure I didn’t do my GPA wrong.

We are so lucky you are here to help everyone!

2 Likes

You are not alone :sweat_smile:

oh, i’m sure it will.

My son didn’t get request for a supplemental essay either. Let’s interpret it as an auto admit. How about that? :laughing:

10 Likes

yes!! positive thinking is so important

1 Like

I am in scared mode again. I didn’t receive it either.

@Gumbymom-- Please help us here. Does UCLA email applicants for extra supplement essays?

All UC’s can do a supplemental/augmented review if warranted but it is a very small minority that receive the supplemental.

Below is more information and do not worry if you did not receive it.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/files/augmented-review-policy-2017.pdf

3 Likes

My son received the supplemental questionnaire from UCLA, but not from any of the other UC’s. Not many applicants receive it and usually it means that they need more information to make their decision (I’m assuming it means you are a borderline applicant).

1 Like