UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

why is my portal saying “The MyApplication Status site is currently unavailable. We expect to be back up Friday evening.”?

theyre loading decisions in

2 Likes

what does it look like now?

it’s still saying unavailable for me. when will decisions come out?

Format for my son’s UCSD portal literally changed just one minute ago!

4 Likes

The suspense is killing me…good luck everyone!!!

Please refer to my post above… :sleepy:

4 Likes

yes it just changed for me too!!

1 Like

UCSB does that but not UCLA

I’m still a little confused about alternate majors. If your first choice was is the college of engineering but the second was a niche interdisciplinary major offered by the college of l&s, will UCLA not look at my second major?

They may not accpet you to Eng but may accept you for your 2nd major or general ed.

No that’s not true. If you choose engineering you are only considered for your first choice engineering major. They do not consider you for L&S if you don’t get in for engineering. They also no longer consider alt Engr majors even tho they let you select one

Thanks for the clarification. One more question, if it was the other way around (lets say, l&s first major and engineering second major) would the same still apply, where your engineering major would not be looked at?

My info must be outdated.

so exciting!

1 more hour!!!

1 Like

**From the UCLA Website: The UC application allows you to choose an alternate major, but we only guarantee the review of first-choice majors.

Nope engineering must be the first choice. L&S doesn’t admit by major

Im so scared :persevere:

1 Like

I was just wondering if anyone here applied for sociology or knows if it is a really competitive major. I’ve tried to searching on google but there is absolutely no info