UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

omg you’re completely right, i’m stupid. sorry about that. false alarm!

2 Likes

Not stupid, we did the same thing too and freaked! Lol. Hopefully tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The waiting is agonizing.

2 Likes

I accepted my acceptance to UCSB, but I really want to attend UCLA. If accepted of the waitlist of UCLA, can I withdraw my acceptance to UCSB?

1 Like

Yes, you can withdraw your SIR to UCSB if you are accepted off the waitlist by UCLA but you will lose your UCSB enrollment deposit.

2 Likes

what are the things i need to do when withdrawing? who do i need to contact or is it as simple as pressing a button?

1 Like

Ay I committed to UCSB too!

2 Likes

You you want to withdraw your SIR for UCSB, email admissions: admissions@sa.ucsb.edu.

Make sure you state your Name, UC application ID and they have your correct contact email. Make sure you get confirmation that you have withdrawn.

1 Like

How about for financial aid?

1 Like

What about financial aid? You will be given an FA package from UCLA if you are accepted off the waitlist. It can be different than UCSB so you will need to evaluate which school would work for you financially before accepting.

2 Likes

For berkeley?

umm i just got off the waitlist for ucsb so maybe that means the other ones are coming soon

2 Likes

Congrats mgb311 (on getting off the UCSB WL in case anyone sees this and gets concerned re UCLA)!

1 Like

does anyone know if ucla has portal glitches like berk

1 Like

~if~ theres a wave tomorrow do you think it’ll be just oos or in state or a mix of both? previous years had them separate for the first couple waves but this year is so messed up so we can only imagine

2 Likes

both im assuming

2 Likes

in the past, has there been signs that waitlist decisions are coming (ex. the portals close down)? or do they just upload decisions right on the spot…

3 Likes

also what time do they usually release decisions?

1 Like

Has their waitlist process been weird like ucla?

1 Like

If we don’t get something in the next two hours then… yield must have been pretty high

2 Likes