UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

I called. Decisions are rolling and all will be out by the end of may whether you can get off the waitlist or not you will be notified.

10 Likes

that sounds about right
& UCLA posted on their Instagram story today that they got the green light from the LA County Dept. of Health to allow triple occupancy rooms. If the housing theory is true, then we should see a lot of movement very very soon. Otherwise, I will conclude that the yield rate was higher than expected this year and will be ready to move on like many people on here already have :broken_heart:

13 Likes

I went through this LA county’s public health document:
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/docs/protocols/Reopening_HigherEducation.pdf
It definitely says all types of housing will be open for fully vaccinated students, meaning full capacity enrollment. But it also says, indoor space informal social gatherings should be limited to 50% occupancy or only 50 people, which ever is smaller.

1 Like

The following is more applicable for classrooms:

Offering in-person lectures on-campus up to 50% occupancy of the lecture hall or classroom. Occupancy is based on applicable building or fire code occupancy.
Opening of specialized classrooms such as laboratories, art, design and theater art studios and music practice rooms at full capacity for activities that fulfill academic requirements; maximum class size is dependent on the available instructional space and ability to maintain appropriate physical distancing between students and staff at all times.

1 Like

Just an FYI, on the UC Davis thread someone had called the AO and they said that there isn’t much of a chance of getting off the waitlist since their numbers look good. If that is the case for Davis, then I am sure that it is similar for LA. I think at this point in the game it’s best to move on.

3 Likes

Not sure what to make of this new but UCLA Fall On-Campus Housing Updates say that, “With increased COVID-19 vaccinations and the easing of public health restrictions, we are pleased to report now that UCLA expects to be able to offer on-campus housing to a high percentage of those interested. We are currently planning for triple capacity rooms in on-campus housing, allowing us increased capacity to welcome foster youth, veterans, new first-year freshmen and transfer students who are seeking housing with us. We will also be able to welcome more second-year students, including second-year transfer students, than previously anticipated”

Nothing about more first years though (also what do they mean more second years that are not transfers?)

4 Likes

Seems like they’ll take more transfers instead of increasing the current freshman class and taking people off the waitlist

1 Like

they’ve mentioned new first-year freshmen

3 Likes

Werent they referring to the housing plans?

1 Like

Doesn’t that just mean the existing class of 2025

1 Like

Yeah but some people were thinking they were waiting to see how many students they could house before they start moving the waitlist

1 Like

Oh okay thx for the info

2 Likes

idk, they said ‘new’ freshman
it could be wishful thinking, but to me it sounds like they mean new freshmen as in students to be admitted off the waitlist

3 Likes

There is no way that is what they mean - new freshman and transfer students is what it is - not specific to the waitlist.

1 Like

yeah i think so 2

1 Like

This drag and indefinite wait incapacitating the ability to plan ahead - feels like suspended animation, or a frozen or extremely slow computer response - dragging for weeks, with zero possibility for a quick reboot.

5 Likes

Appeal denied today on the portal.

1 Like

If anyone decides to call admissions, can they ask how many people they anticipate taking off the waitlist?

2 Likes

is it normal for appeal decisions to be released before most of the waitlist hears back? Did anyone get admitted from appeals

1 Like

Very difficult this year

1 Like