UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

my daughter is a waitlister (in-state, undeclared L&S). there is something especially torturous about the process this year in the almost complete absence of predictable trends or yield/waitlist/admissions data (just bits and pieces from a few news articles). it makes it harder to emotionally and practically commit to the SIR school and keep the waitlist school(s) on the psychological backburner. my question is, do we know anything about RD yield yet, or how many/what percentage of applicants were waitlisted? also, are there learnings or theories about how waitlist candidates are considered? IS vs. OOS? major or school or institutional priorities or housing issues? D21 is lucky in that she was accepted to Cal, and committed, but it’s still torture because (argh!) one of her top priorities was gaining independence and expanding her comfort zone by living far from home and meeting new people (we live in SF, and berkeley is basically our backyard). anyway, i’m looking for scraps. it’s a “privilege” problem for sure, but the pain of all impassioned waitlisters, especially this year following – in SF public schools at least, 15 months of school closures and lockdowns – is quite real.

10 Likes

Can’t agree more. All are very good questions, with hard to get definite answers. I just hear speculations.

3 Likes

You can only appeal a rejection.

1 Like

anyone heard back?

1 Like

Nope

1 Like

nope

1 Like

is there a discord link?

1 Like

Hey @Gumbymom do you have any stats for the UCLA waitlist this year? I noticed you posted stats for UCSB and Berkeley, so I was just wondering if you knew the stats for us? Either way, thanks for everything that you do on this forum!

1 Like

There are no stats for any of the UC waitlists for this year 2021 only for 2020.

2020 Waitlist data:

Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 14470
Number accepting a place on the waiting list: 9254
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 1779

5 Likes

@Gumbymom thank you, that helps

1 Like

I submitted my SIR and SLR for UCLA today, but deposit status says “Not Required”. Does that mean I do not have to pay the $250 deposit?

1 Like

Did u get accepted off the waitlist?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Congrats! Are you IS, OOS or International? What major?

1 Like

hes/shes in state poly sci. he/she was accepted last week not today

2 Likes

any updates fellow waitlisters?

1 Like

Yes. I was accepted last week.

1 Like

What day

1 Like

Are you international? and what major?

1 Like

you can check his comments, may 20