UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

hes/shes in state poly sci. he/she was accepted last week not today

1 Like

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist but turned it down?

1 Like

yes, someone on zeemee said they turned it down for Berkeley. also I know a few people in my district (Bay Area) who were accepted but turned it down because of various reasons (scholarships, location, strong commitment elsewhere, etc.)

2 Likes

I kinda think they forgot about us :tired_face:

2 Likes

Ikr?

1 Like

Just to be clear the people who turned UCLA down were on the waitlist before they got accepted right?

1 Like

yes. the deadline to SIR was Monday so hopefully some people hear back soon :confused: honestly donā€™t know how/why I still have hope for this haahha

2 Likes

Iā€™m not giving up yet dammit. I love you UCLA :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face: Please love me back :weary::weary::weary:

8 Likes

Anyone heard?

1 Like

nope

1 Like

Anyone plan on calling?

1 Like

Between this forum, Zeeme, and Redit, has anyone been keeping track of how many people came off the waitlist? Iā€™m not really keeping track, but it feels like between 4-6 people. Is it much higher?

1 Like

I understand that I canā€™t appeal to a waitlist decision. What if UCLA closes the waitlist and I didnā€™t get off? Can I appeal then? However, I saw the deadline to submit an appeal was April 15 on UCLA website. Anyone?

1 Like

@Lovebiology You can either appeal the decision, or apply to the waitlist. If you apply to the waitlist, you ā€œforfeitā€ the appeal process. At least, that is the way I understand it.

3 Likes

Thx! But on my waitlist decision letter from UCLA, I donā€™t see they give me an option to appeal. Someone else on this thread also confirmed that you couldnā€™t appeal to waitlist decision. You can only appeal to a rejection.

1 Like

You cannot appeal a waitlist rejection.

2 Likes

The appeal option is only for people who were rejected and appeal decisions have already come out anyway. At this point is seems like there is going to be little to no waitlist movement

1 Like

It doesnā€™t make sense to me. People rejected in March can appeal while People rejected in July canā€™t appeal.

1 Like

I wish people on the waitlist who donā€™t care anymore withdraw their spot. Cause if I had to guess probably around 30% (if not more) of the people on the UCLA waitlist donā€™t care about it anymore.

4 Likes

When will the result of the ucla waitlist be declared?

3 Likes