UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Ah. letters and sciences

College of Letters and Sciences or “The College” as listed on UCLA’s website. The majority of admits will be in the College of L&S.

2 Likes

took me a minute lmao

college of letter & science

Any reason why everyone getting admitted is from OOS? Or just coincidence

1 Like

Probably didn’t accept enough at first, so they are trying to even it out. OOS people pay more in tuition so if they accept too much IS their funds are messed up.

1 Like

It’s in waves. So today they might only role out acceptances for OOS then the next day in-state

4 Likes

Plus obviously more money of course

UC yield is much lower for OOS and International students than in-state students so the schools will pull from the waitlist where they have open spots based on their institutional need which are currently OOS spots.

3 Likes

Do they ever make waitlist offers for the School of Engineering?

1 Like

Is it safe to assume that any OOS acceptances being released today already went out at the same time? Thank you!

when do we think most international decisions will come out considering today was oos?

Yes, they made a few (very few) waitlist offers to Engineering students last year. I cannot speak for previous years without going through the old discussions.

3 Likes

chemistry!

1 Like

I saw one International post on being admitted this weekend. Post # 149 in this discussion.

1 Like

Yeah I saw it too, I think that’s the only one I’ve seen anywhere but all of them (I think) have been from South Asia, so I think intls will have a designated day because only 3 intls getting off seems crazy

Do you know the history of when appeal decisions come out? I think I’ve seen late June in the past?

Appeals are reviewed on a case by case basis so anytime between now and probably end of June.

1 Like

have instate decisions already been released? or does it happen on the same day as oos and international?

Nah, is and intl will have their own days, today was prominently oos

4 Likes