UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

That’s great to hear. Congrats!
What major?

I was admitted as a Global Studies major within the international institute, but I’m now linguistics and computer science

3 Likes

I know this is a little off topic, but how difficult did you find it to get the GPA requirement to declare as Computer Science?

ling and cs is a different major within l&s but i don’t think a 3.5 is very hard if you come in with prior knowledge and don’t mind having less of a social life lol

juggling a social life and classes is pretty hard though. personally i decided to get all my weeder/badly rated classes out of the way this year and my gpa is still fine (around a 3.4) but i anticipate that i’ll be able to get mostly A’s after this quarter. given i had very little prior cs knowledge

What were your stats from high school?

UC 3.9uw/4.4w, no AP classes, 13 CC classes + maybe 5 honors classes
think I was mainly waitlisted because of my lack of career/extracurricular development by the time UC apps were submitted. I still did well for UCs (into SD, SB, Davis, denied irvine, waitlisted LA/Berkeley), but I also was super busy extracurricularly my senior year so had an extremely large update for LA with some pretty significant accomplishments (imo)

Also was on the grind because I was WL at Northwestern, JHU, Pomona, a few others

2 Likes

Very impressive!! Congratulations again and thanks for taking our questions.

1 Like

Appeal Decisions are being released now. On reddit someone got their rejection of appeal yesterday. Keep a look out for an email in the coming weeks.

1 Like

“Someone got their rejection of appeal yesterday” was OOS or in CA?

1 Like

Idk they never disclosed that info. I’m just relaying info that I found that others my like to hear.

may*

I found from UCLA web that you only need GPA 2.0 on prep classes to declare CS+Ling. Are you saying it’s raised the bar to 3.5?

definitely a desperate question lol but i heard that last year the day before people got in, their portal after they logged in showed signs of acceptance (like the waitlist tab went away). has anyone heard of this too?

1 Like

No wave today??

2 Likes

My GPA was not great (3.8uw/4.4w) but I hope my fall semester grades (4.0uw/4.71w) can help my waitlist chances :sob:

1 Like

Do they base waitlist acceptances off of majors? Or is more general?

1 Like

Idk if that makes sense

Waitlist admits are based on institutional need. College of L&S does not admit by major. The majority of the waitlist admits have historically been in L&S.

2 Likes

how about Luskin school of public affairs? do you know any info about it? thanks

According to the website:
Interested freshmen can select the pre-major through the College. All admitted freshmen pre-majors must apply for admission to the Luskin School of Public Affairs during the winter quarter of their sophomore year.

So based on this information, you can apply to UCLA for the major but admission for the pre-major is through the College of L&S so admission by major is not considered and then you have the secondary admission during Sophomore year.

3 Likes