UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

If you don’t mind, what was the grades or GPA that you updated?

1 Like

So since 5/6 was the decision deadline for some waitlist admits (and they did release a few more decisions on 5/6) do we assume they’re releasing some more today?

2 Likes

Yea it would make sense because they have 3 days to decide. Or is it 5 days?

5 Likes

Us too!

Five days I think

Are you in state and what major?

waitlisted in state econ major. upper middle income w/ 3.9 uw, 4.2 w, 7 aps (school has an ap limit), 1 honors, top 9% of graduating class

wrote around 800+ words on my loci updating admissions on new accomplishments (spoke at a board meeting, organized a petition, became first female eagle scout in my city, became president of local order of the arrow chapter (national honors society for boy scouts), and got awarded a school scholarship. my loci also acted as a “why ucla” essay.

reported my snr year grades 3 aps, 4 A’s, 2 B’s in ap stats and physics, as well as my second sem coursework: 4 aps, 2 reg classes

hoping luck is on my side! ucla is my dream school

1 Like

u washington. got rejected/waitlisted at every other uc

I am oos and I was admitted as a pre business econ major at the college of letters and science.

2 Likes

So for my fall senior grades I had an A in all of my classes. These were: AP stats, AP comp gov, AP Latin, senior english, honors project, anatomy and physiology, and money banking and investing.

would 2 B’s hinder my chances of getting admitted?

curious why you took AP Physics for econ major?

took ap physics because i hadn’t taken a physics class prior. the way my school works is that freshmen take biology, sophomores take physics (unless they’ve taken geometry prior in which case they are able to take chemistry), and juniors and seniors take chem/ap physics. i skipped physics in sophomore year for chemistry, took biotechnology junior year, and took ap physics senior year as my advisor suggested that i take it

due to my school’s ap class limit, i was unable to take ap physics junior year (took ap calc ab and ap lang)

did you get 2 B’s last semester or throughout the course of high school? I got a B+ in Precalculus (took freshman year) and a B+ in AP Stats (took sophomore year), other than that I got A’s. I don’t think it should impact your chances that much.

i got 2 B’s in sophomore year in chemistry and precalculus, and 2 B’s last semester.

i chose to report my 1st semester grades just in case AOs wanted to see them but i realize that this may have been a hindrance haha

i think it should be ok as long as it got you a 3.9 uw gpa with a 4.2 weighted gpa.

that’s cool that you got your eagle scout, I also got my eagle scout after november and wrote about it in the form. also an in-state but for college of engineering so I feel like I hindered my chances in that department. the waiting game is nerve-wracking, but hopefully luck is on our side

congrats on your eagle! good luck with coe, i’m rooting for you!

thank you!

i just remembered I also got two B’s this semester from community college classes (Calc 2 and Discrete Math), so I guess we’re in the same boat?