UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Do you mean more IN state WL admissions?

i recall some people saying they were advised to write less for the waitlist letter (whereas i wrote more). i know the content of the letter matters more, but i am curious if generally people who wrote more / less / didn’t submit any letter got off the waitlist.

does anyone who got off the waitlist feel comfortable sharing about how much they wrote / what they wrote about generally? thanks!

2 Likes

I am also waitlisted as well; it’s hard to stay calm and patient with each passing day without an email from UCLA. I’m also worried about my chances because in November I applied to a major in College of Engineering, so I feel like I ruined my chances of ever getting off the waitlist.

Btw, in the form I submitted my straight A’s and extra community college classes also, and wrote about earning Eagle Scout, what I wanted to do at UCLA, and some part tying those things to John Wooden’s pyramid and UCLA itself.

ALL we need is for them to drop the L&S instate decisions PLEASE UCLA I am on my knees

10 Likes

just curious, what colleges have you all committed to? i know we’re all waiting to get off the UCLA waitlist but just wondering what schools you’al committed to? I committed to UCI.

1 Like

I committed to UC Davis!

4 Likes

I committed to U Michigan. Turned down acceptances from Cal and UNc Chapel Hill. Still on ucla waitlist

5 Likes

Hey, so I just got off of the waitlist this past Friday 5/6, and in my waitlist letter I just gave an update on my grades as well as letting them know that I was a captain of one of my high school sports teams, and became cum laude at my school.
So I would say I wrote like 3-4 sentences about accomplishments that I got after submitting my application, and just a list of my completed grades for the semester.

9 Likes

what happened if we wrote more than that, like a whole essay?

nothing “happens”, they give 7000 characters so we’re at the freedom to write as much as we want. a whole essay isn’t inherently worse or better than a couple sentences.

6 Likes

like @simpsupreme said you can write as much as you want. Try not to repeat anything that you already have in your application, and give new accomplishments that happened since submitting your application.

if I added on to the things I stated in my application does that count as new information? For example, in my application I stated that I did Boy Scouts, but earned my Eagle Scout after November is that considered new information?

yup

will in-state decisions only include l&s or could it be for college of engineering also?

i’m pretty sure that it is also for the school of engineering!

nah they do stuff separately

in-state waitlist admissions are much more competitive, at least they were last year. i wrote about 1000 words in my waitlist update and was ultimately accepted so don’t worry if you wrote a lot

3 Likes

what did you mention in your waitlist update?

Your options were impressive, may I know what major you are waitlisted at UCLA?

USC lol, love both schools but will prob lean ucla for cost of attendance if i get off

2 Likes