UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Once all the spots are filled, do the remaining in the waitlist get an update either in the portal or via an email

Once the waitlist is closed, the applicants will be notified via the portal and email.

3 Likes

Thank You :pray:

Is there any way to predict the chances this year? I’ve seen a lot of posts on Reddit and other places talking about how it’s expected to be relatively higher this year.

Would omitted classes I took outside of school and projects I did not elaborate enough on in my original application be grounds for an appeal? I thought they didn’t fit what UCLA defined as an extracurricular, but in retrospect I feel like showing I had a foundation in my chosen major would have considerably strengthened my profile.

Omitted classes you were not sure on in meeting the a-g course requirements could have been listed on the application as non a-g courses. Do you have an official transcript for these classes? Special projects are not a UC requirement so no issues with not reporting them. Chance of being rescinded is low but if for any reason the omitted classes should have been reported, that could be an issue.

No way to predict your waitlist chances. It will all depend upon how many students enroll at UCLA. It has been another tough year with acceptances so I have a feeling the yield will be slightly higher than normal. All you can do is move on to your other acceptances and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Given this is a “tough year” of acceptances, and given number of students are approximately same as before; wont the ones accepted be having more choices this year than earlier years; implying lower yeild?

My calculation/logic says this year we will move deeper into WL than last year. But maybe my logic is flawed.

D got waitlisted in Human Biology and Society major (pre-med). Very sad as sibling goes to UCLA, and we been there a million times and absolutely love Westwood. Has UCSD and Davis acceptances, but this was her dream school. Berkeley comes out next week, so still some hope left there.

Any pointers to crafting the letter of interest to UCLA is appreciated.

2 Likes

At least for the UC’s, I am seeing less acceptances, more waitlists and more rejections from the UC’s and CSU’s although the # of applications is up. I think applicants are going to have less choices this year than last so they may commit to UCLA over some other top schools. I guess time will tell.

3 Likes

Agreed. But the same pool of students are getting into say all UCs. I find the people getting Regents UCB getting UCLA say, and maybe UCSD too; the 3 top tier UCs.

Finally, they will choose to go to only 1. So, compare to last year, yield will be lower; leading to running deeper into the WL.

3 Likes

I am seeing more students getting into one or two UCs and waitlisted or rejected at others. Some of the very top kids (especially those getting Regents) get into multiple UCs but they are likely applying to top privates as well.

If someone got a Regents early acceptance at UCB, they are the top 1-2% of Berkeley’s (and presumably the rest of the UC) applicant pool.

4 Likes

I agree with @lkg4answers that I am seeing far less top students getting into multiple UC’s. When my son’s applied 2013/2014 to the UC’s, it was more common to see top students get into all the UC’s where they applied.

1 Like

When accepting a spot on the wait list, there is a box that asks for additional information. Is it important to fill that out now, or could any items be updated later? As an alternative, is there any disadvantage in waiting to accept a spot on the wait list (before the April 15th deadline) so that you can get everything together at once for that reply?

1 Like

I would fill out the additional information and add anything new since the UC application was submitted. The items can be added up until the submission date of April 15. It is not first in, first off so submit when ready.

3 Likes

I got a waitlist. So sad about that…

2 Likes

Me too man :cry:

1 Like

this helps a little bit

2 Likes

For the UCLA waitlist, do I need to write a letter of continued interest or an essay on why I’d like to attend UCLA? Or an essay of some sort, other than updates to my grades? What are they looking for?

Just submit what they asking. UCLA does not accept LOCI’s and opting into the waitlist shows your interest.

Since they don’t specify, would it be okay it i sent it a Letter of Rec and have my counselor email in as well?