UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Hard to determine… Although there are less spots for international in the first place, it seems like they have less yield rate as well.
If the yield rate is similar for those off the waitlist, then I predict only some of them to be accepting the spot, thus more people will be offered the spot off the waitlist in the long run (if this makes sense). Only my prediction but I guess there are possibilities still?

1 Like

Damn so not today either?

1 Like

based on previous reported times i’d say we have till ~10-11 am pst to find out

3 Likes

Same feeling. Have there been message for international students?

heard there was an oos wave today from others in applyingtocollege. hoping there’ll be an in-state wave tomorrow

1 Like

Is it just me or do the waves seem rlly small?

3 Likes

i’m hoping it’s just because we’re only hearing from the sample of admits who go on college confidential or applyingtocollege.

2 Likes

I got in this morning oos around 9am!

8 Likes

Congrats! What major?

waitlist or appeal?

Waitlist!

letters and science or engineering?

In-state?

From Ucla admissions:

May 22. 2022

Thank you for the email, I understand the anticipation. Unfortunately, we do not have a definite date at this time for when the waitlist will be completed. Students taken off the waitlist is based entirely on the response from our initial admission offers. We will update students throughout the summer and will notify when waitlist activity is completed.

Thank you,

Karly

Karly Brockett

Senior Associate Director

UCLA Undergraduate Admission

2 Likes

No.

Why is this letter dated 10 days into the future?

3 Likes

guessing a typo since today is the 12th.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about that. Same thing was posted on Reddit two minutes before here and there was NO date on that one. :thinking:

Maybe but unlikely. These are typically form response emails that have the date auto-populated. Also notice the period after 22.
I also find this grammatically incorrect sentence intriguing…

Students taken off the waitlist is based entirely on the response from our initial admission offers

2 Likes

Good catch. Unless the writer meant for “Students taken off the waitlist” to be a singular action analogous to ‘Taking students off the waitlist…”, which is also awkward I guess.