UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

from previous posts decisions are usually released in the morning

yeah

Friday morning 5/13 seems likely

1 Like

@Gumbymom Is it possible that those who applied to more selective L&S majors in the original application will have a higher chance of being admitted off the waitlist than those who applied to non-capped L&S majors? (Since waitlisted L&S applicants are not admitted by major but major was considered in the original process [I think?]) Thank you:)

2 Likes

UCLA does not list any capped majors for the College of L&S and according to UCLAā€™s website, the waitlist is just an extended review of the original UC application.

For freshmen applying to a major in the College, your choice of major will neither help nor hurt your prospects for admission. In fact, a large number of freshman applicants apply as undeclared.

so preferred majors we put in original application do not impact our chances? if I put a major that is in college of engineering (I actually did) it wonā€™t hurt my chances would it?

iā€™m pretty sure it does matter if you applied under the college of engineering vs L&S since the only instate they seemed to have released were for college of engineering

1 Like

College of Engineering admits by major but not the College of L&S so your Engineering major can impact your waitlist chances.

1 Like

do they only look at first choice major?

Yes they only consider your first choice major.

The UC application allows you to choose an alternate major, but we only guarantee the review of first-choice majors.

1 Like

For those who kept track of last yearā€™s WL movement, were the same amount of people posting on reddit and CC because it seems like a good amount of people are getting in oos and intl, because last year very little people got in (200 or so). It could just be that a lot of the people on the waitlist are also using reddit and cc.

3 Likes

Anything?

1 Like

heard thereā€™s no wave today

Will there be any more waves this week? Really stressing outā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

i hope so because I am waitlisted as well, but the waitlist process has been unpredictable so far so we only can hope there are for all students at least

Same. Who else keeps checking this site and refreshing over and over in hopes of some updates and good news? :pray:t2::sob:

10 Likes

If there is, I think there will be one for in-state on Friday since the first small wave of in-state (engineering major) was Friday last week.

1 Like

i hope so, hopefully not just for in-state l&s but some college of engineering also (bc iā€™m waitlisted for college of engineering apparently)

1 Like

omgā€¦ do u think thereā€™ll be any for intl? and btw hope all of us good luckā€¦

5 Likes