UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I just got an email at 8:40 pst that I was rejected from the waitlist. In state L+S for freshman class cogsci major :sob: Off to UCSD over Berkeley for cognitive science so super happy still! Good luck to the rest of you guys.

5 Likes

same for cognitive science major! I will also go to UCSD, which seems a better choice for me.

4 Likes

UCSD is really great for the sciences, perhaps more better than UCLA in that sense so still, good luck!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rejected in-state without an email. Oh well, we gave it our allā€¦

4 Likes

Mine still says Iā€™m waitlisted

2 Likes

rejected in state econ after checking my portal today. man.

5 Likes

rejectedā€¦ ucla finished waitlist alreadyšŸ˜­ Good luck at your schools!!

3 Likes

I am still on the waitlist! What did the notification look like saying you guys were rejected?

1 Like

S22 still on the waitlist. Already committed to UCI but still frustrating to not have heard at all from UCLA!

1 Like

no email, check portal

1 Like

Portal has the same old waitlist message for my in-state L&S student.

1 Like

Ig most of us UCLA rejects are in the same boat. UCSD for Poli sci and Econ here I come I guess ;-; Good Luck to all the other peeps in the waitlist! åŠ ę²¹ļ¼

4 Likes

I did and Im still on it

1 Like

I am still on the waitlist as well. Bio major. Does this mean we are the last bunch to get considered?

3 Likes

@Gumbymom, do you have any thoughts on whether this means that the remaining waitlist essays havenā€™t been reviewed yet, or whether the pool is being made smaller after a review of all candidates?

2 Likes

It seems that many of the UCā€™s are notifying waitlisted applicants differently this year. They are slowly rejecting some waitlisted students thus reducing the waitlist pool for possible spots available just in case there is some summer melt or admitted students that do not meet their provisional admission. By now, the waitlist essays for UCLA should have already been reviewed and considered. I hate when the schools leave students hanging but they will do what is best for their situation unfortunately.

4 Likes

Will housing be guaranteed if you got off the waitlist?

1 Like

UCLA has added plenty of new housing and have stated that they guarantee housing to all undergrads, but I would still contact housing before accepting the waitlist admission.

2 Likes

Rejectedā€¦ what a dragged out process. My son is off to UC Davis and can finally focus on that fully and get excited for this new journey. Good luck everyone with your journeys!

4 Likes

When did he hear from UCLA?
UC Davis is a great school, congratulations!

2 Likes