UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Yep! but tbh it will be a uphill battle even if I get in with all the score sends, housing not sure, and classes which might be filled up but still hoping! UCLA is too good.

1 Like

are they still sending acceptances?

Congrats!!!

I think they all come out in the morning. Maybe there will be another wave on Thursday? Unsure

1 Like

S22 still waitlisted. No change to portal or letter in portal

If any school closes their waitlist, the school will no longer accept appeals or will have spots open to accept more students. All schools expect some amount of summer melt with some students not attending in the Fall so their admit numbers take this into account.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty sad, but I do understand. UC Davis is a great school.

3 Likes

From what Iā€™ve heard, they usually send out more offers than they receive in the end? Since not everyone is going to commit this late either

Itā€™s not a one for one replacement. The schools know they will have some drop off due to students getting off other waitlists and summer melt.

2 Likes

Correct. And most schools (from what Iā€™ve heard) have a target enrollment range - not an exact number. So a few people withdrawing in summer wonā€™t cause them to go back to the waitlist.

4 Likes

Did we need to submit our transcript even when we were on the waitlist? Or do we need to do it now that we are accepted?

1 Like

Hi Bobmarley21, another accept today? Congrats. What major ?

Yesterday. Neuroscience

2 Likes

In state ?

oos

Once you accept the offer of admission, UCLA should tell you all what you will need to do. Obviously these deadlines (below) are a little off for a student who was just admitted off the waitlist, but yes submitting official transcript and test reports (e.g., IB/AP scores) is one of the things youā€™ll need to do in order for them to prepare for you to register for classes. They do something called a ā€œDegree Audit Reportā€ that normally you go over during orientation. You should reach out to UCLA to ask about whether or not any spots might be open for one of the upcoming 3 day orientations that have just started taking place. They will run through early September. But first thing is that you need to accept the offer if you want to go. Congrats! My oldest is entering his second year if you have any specific questions. Feel free to message me. https://admission.ucla.edu/admitted-students/freshman-checklist

1 Like

Congrats bro. But like CJ says, it is insane. Thanks Newsom and UC officials for making grand promise.

did anyone hear anything today?

nopeā˜¹ļø

2 Likes

I got the same thing except im applied math. didnt get an email either for waitlist or rejecition.