UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

The first essay I’m referring to is in the general application with the essay titled’ Personal statement. Write a personal statement that describes your background, personal interests and your educational and career goals ( max 500 words)
Is this initial essay sufficient for any available potential scholarship or do you have to submit the other two essays ( leadership and how are you different from your peers)

2 Likes

Will the AO find out who didn’t actually apply to the scholarships? Just want to make sure we won’t be disadvantage for not completing the scholarships but we are in middle of busy theater prep stuff for shows and working on scholarships with essays before finding out if getting in seems counter productive at this point.

No. The processes are completely separate—and in recent years I think alumni scholarship applications only start to get read after admissions decisions are made

5 Likes

Can vouch for one admission without submitting alumni scholarship app. As others have said, I don’t think info flows back to admissions from the alumni scholarship folks.

3 Likes

Same

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else got this email from the UCLA Alumni Scholarship Association? I’m kind of confused as to what they are asking about.

Yes. They ask to register for one of the 3 available info sessions.

1 Like

They are offering info sessions to help you apply, I think. My guess is that it was sent to students who have started an application.

1 Like

Yes, my DS got it, but the other one didn’t. My guess is the one who got it had started the application but the other hadn’t, LOL. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I started on my application and did not receive the email?

AWARD NOTIFICATION
The first round of Alumni Scholarship offers are made to top-ranked scholars within a week of UCLA Admissions decisions. If you do not receive an offer during this initial round, you may still receive an Alumni Scholarship. Awards continue to be made throughout the summer, as students are matched to the restricted scholarships within the program. In general, most are completed by August, and we will update the portal when the process is complete.

5 Likes

How many total essays? My son hasnt yet started. Hope he can make it till the deadline.

Is the event online or in person?

1 Like

Looks like it will be via Zoom.

How many total essays for UCLA alumni scholarship application?

1 Like

2 supplemental essays

1 Like

Thank you.

2 Likes

My daughter has started the app but didn’t get the email today (yet). Maybe it’s lagging in cyberspace. haha

Are the decisions usually 3rd Friday of March?

1 Like

Historically yes.

1 Like