UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

We haven’t gotten our portal credentials for UCLA yet. Does anyone else have the same issue?

They sent them out but it went to a lot of people’s spam. Check your spam folder, but otherwise you can just go to www.admission.ucla.edu/myapplication and enter your info. They didn’t send any unique credentials, you just use your UC App ID plus date and city of birth to sign in.

2 Likes

Tysm. the email is not in my spam but I could log in

1 Like

Anyone got the invite to apply for scholarship today

2 Likes

Can you give more details regarding the type of scholarship?

Received the Alumni Scholarship email today also.

Alumni scholars club

Its a reminder for Alumni scholarship.

1 Like

UCLA has been sending out reminders about the Alumni scholarship especially if you have already started the application.

3 Likes

Yes, S23 received this reminder today. He has not started the application, so that’s not why they sent the email to him. At this point in time, it is difficult to imagine anything that could motivate S23 to write yet another college essay. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

(OOS) Yeah, I got another notification to apply. Interestingly, I also got a specific email to apply for a scholarship for UCSD!!

2 Likes

yes, my daughter did

UC Application count is little less this year it seems

4 Likes

There is a paywall. Can you tell us how much of a decline in apps?

University-wide, down 2%

2 Likes

This is the break down showing drop in UCLA applicants

5 Likes

Yahoo often has LA Times articles and doesn’t have them behind a paywall.

4 Likes

With such low acceptance rates, I wonder how much it really moves the needle.

1 Like

Only the top UCs see decline. All other UCs see slight increase or similar number of applicants. I am not surprised. UCs are available to all Californians unless you want to get into Berkeley, UCLA. Many top public computer science schools such as UWashington, UT Austin, GTech, …etc. prefer to accept their own in-state students. Not so much for Berkeley, UCLA.

1 Like

UCLA will be accepting about 900 more instate this year combined with the slightly lower number of applications so that’s a positive for ca residents.

7 Likes