UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

No not all schools are transparent about admit rates.

1 Like

No announcement yet so probably not this week

I don’t think they usually announce. Some things have changed on portals, so I think there is a good chance they are coming tomorrow.

2 Likes

There is no reason it wouldn’t come tomorrow right? Has it never NOT been the third Friday of march?

1 Like

It is third Friday tomorrow.

1 Like

what has changed on the portal? nothing today right?

Only time in past 5 years that was 4th Friday was 2019, and March 1st was the first Friday that year (all were Fridays):
2018 - 3/16 - 1st post on CC 5:41 pm PT
2019 - 3/22 - 1st post on CC 5:16 pm PT
2020 - 3/20 - 1st post on CC 5:29 pm PT
2021 - 3/19 - 1st post on CC 5:04 pm PT
2022 - 3/18 - 1st post on CC 5:02 pm PT

3 Likes

does not have to be a friday although it certainly points to it, correct?

1 Like

Corrected previous post to state Friday, not Thursday. Past 5 years have been Friday.

1 Like

Were there any changes to the portal today?

I don’t think we’ll get any signs for UCLA, other than the letter tomorrow afternoon.

4 Likes

No, not today. Earlier portals were down and choice of major disappeared.

1 Like

Interesting. Does anyone know the times decisions are typically released? I saw someone say UCSD came out at 3pm and then UCLA came out 2 hours later at 5… was this PST?

All times would be PST. I can confirm that in 2021 UCLA came out on the third Friday of the month at 5pm PST.

1 Like

How important are ECs in the UCLA admission process, and has anyone here been accepted?

EC’s are important since they can set you apart from the many qualified applicants, just like the PIQ’s.

1 Like

Per their common data set, they are important, but don’t rise to the level of “very important.”

https://apb.ucla.edu/campus-statistics/common-data-set

Are these stats competitive for UCLA

Unweighted UC GPA: 3.94
Capped Weighted UC GPA: 4.19
Fully Weighted UC GPA: 4.68

How do you calculate these?

3 Likes

There are 13 areas of application review criteria and GPA is only of these areas. All I can say is that your GPA is within range from previous years admitted students.

2 Likes