UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

Our school counselor helped us with these.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Only 10-12 grades?

2 Likes

Only 10-12 grades, and does UCLA consider dual enrollment courses in GPA?

Only a-g course grades from the summer after 9th through the summer prior to 12th. If you a CA resident, you can look up your HS approved Honors courses that will extra the weighting in the calculation: University of California A-G Course List

If not a CA resident, then only AP/IB and UC transferable DE/CC courses will get the extra weighting for courses taken during that time period.

What’s the meaning of CS

1 Like

Is 4.00 UW 4.36W and Capped without Dual Enrollment considered decent?

1 Like

I have three APs this year that might factor in too

Does anyone knows exactly what time USCB and UCD decisions came out?

You are within range in being competitive. AP’s will be considered for rigor. But I stated above, UCLA decisions are based on more than GPA. I an sure they can fill their Freshman class many times over with all the qualified applicants that apply. What they are looking for is what sets you apart from the rest.

1 Like

Lollll(sob) — thank you for the reminder in this data set that 60% of those admitted had a 4.0 UW gpa. I’m not going to ever tell my daughter that that one B in second-semester 10th grade AP Chem potentially made a difference. :sob:

(Kidding! I know it’s rarely a single grade that makes the call.)

1 Like

UCD was 3pm last Friday. UCSB hasn’t happened yet.

UCD came out at 2:57pm pacific

I think I saw that (last year?) 60% of UCLA admits have a 4.0 uw GPA. So, bottom line, the majority of those accepted have a perfect 4.0 GPA. The remaining 40% have a B or maybe two, but as my DD has 3 Bs (as I like to say–the horror!) her chances of admission to UCLA I’m assuming must be vanishingly small. The athletic recruit route takes up some of that remaining 40% most likely too (my DS2 was an NCAA Div 1 athletic recruit but not to UCLA).

3 Likes

But there’s always hope with the remaining 40% (who must have had one or two Bs)! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I meant UCSC.

2 Likes

Oh! In that case, earlier in the day. I think the first wave in February was around lunchtime and maybe the same for yesterday’s.

the application portal says that they are planning to release in late March. Did it also say that during previous years?

Two B’s for my student :cry: A perfect 4.0 seems like needed to get admitted.

Looking at the last years post most of the admitted students had a perfect 4.0

1 Like

Since UCLA says late March I have a feeling it will be the 24th. I hope it is tomorrow though. . I consider the 19th mid-March even tho is after the 15th :slight_smile: UCSD which came out the same day as UCLA last year has an insta post about how students get notified so I hope UCSD is tomorrow as well. UCLA is so competitive for CS I am expecting my high stats son to be rejected but knowing helps us to move on :slight_smile:

1 Like