UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hey parents with the “rare B” kids: it’s too early to despair! Mine was in that boat, OOS, not a recruited athlete, and is a UCLA freshman. Had very high rigor, was TO but reported AP scores. Good luck!

7 Likes

This is my third time around. B’s are not the demise of the students, many get admitted to UCLA with some B’s (my middle is a junior at UCLA). What bumps up their GPA’s is getting A’s in the AP courses. UCLA is also trying to put together a cohort so they don’t want all of the same students. As with all schools, they are looking for students with varied interests.

5 Likes

Thank you for the encouraging words. My son has several AP’s with a score of 4 or 5 and rigor as well. :crossed_fingers:

I made a mistake accidentally clicking that I am Hispanic in my application, and submitted an email will that affect my chances at all that there is a mistake?

Unweighted UC GPA: 3.95
Capped Weighted UC GPA: 4.32
Fully Weighted UC GPA: 4.5
One B+ in AP Calculus BC but a 5 in AP Test in Junior year. Applied MatSci Engg. Guess this goes in the 40%

1 Like

I actually had this same feeling but apparently someone involved in reading Alumni Scholars apps was told that they start reviewing this weekend.

Race is not considered at all, so as long as you clarified I’m sure you are fine!

so scared honestly, even with my stats being relatively high CS makes it impossible to tell, anyone potentially able to give a rough idea of my chances?

UW GPA:3.89
WC GPA: 4.38
WUC GPA: 4.68
8 AP, 16 CC(46un worth), 5 Honors, Senior year courseload consists of 6 APs and 3 classes/11un of CC coursework each sem, with 3 of those classes being CompSci/CIS
5 on APWH, 2 on AP Phys 1 that I didn’t report, all the rest are this year so I don’t have scores yet.

I had a B+ in Honors PCalc/Calc A(Calc A semester), B+ in Spanish Freshman year, and a B in Biology at my CC the summer before Freshman year.

ECs are solid(6 figure biz(A-Z from product inception to fulfillment), political internship, Sysadmin work for myself and my district, Boy Scouts, being in both my schools Jazz Ensembles for 3 years) , essays not so much

4 Likes

Does anyone know if UCLA will send out an acceptance email or a portal update email?

Usually portal updates first then followed by an email.

4 Likes

If it helps, my D22 was accepted last year with a 3.94 UW GPA. I don’t remember her UC Capped/weighted… maybe 4.22?

4 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

The Bs in and prior to Freshman year doesn’t “count” so you have 1 B, not 3 Bs, as far as UC is concerned. Good luck to you! One B seems a lot better odds than 3 Bs (my DD got 2 Bs in soph year and 1 B in junior year).

1 Like

I’m a freshman CS major here, I had way lower stats. I know plenty of people with lower stats. You probably have a great shot, might just depend on how you stack up against the rest of your school/area.

8 Likes

Hey, thanks to both of you! Feeling a bit more calm knowing that, Good Luck to your Kids as well Olivia!

1 Like

Yeah, DS got the decision posted last year at around 5:03pm and the decision letter came in with timestamp 5:15pm.

3 Likes

Last night before ucla comes out. I believe in everyone here. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow​:pray::pray::pray::pray:

12 Likes

thank you, the luck is very much needed. i know regardless of where we end up, it was meant to be. ucla is gonna be the future for a lot of kids here so if it is your future, congrats and i wish you all the blessings and love! goodnight guys, and just know SOO many people are proud of you and your hard work. you are not defined by an application, you are defined by YOU. :crossed_fingers:t4:

26 Likes

That was a really kind and thoughtful message. In this entire race, we lose this perspective sometimes.

9 Likes

does this include freshman gpa? I had a bunch of bs freshman year, but straight As from 10th to 12th.

1 Like