UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

The grades that matter for UC admission are only those from the summer after your freshman year through the summer after your junior year.

2 Likes

Assume this is 5:15 Pacific time, right?

am*, yes.

3 Likes

Im sorry but this is really worrying me. Give me ur thoughts on it. On my UC essays, for one of them, I mentioned a program but i found out after submitting that it’s only found in Berkeley and not UCLA. So honestly, i think the rest of my app is good but i have made that one mistake. How do you think it’ll affect the admission at UCLA? :persevere:

i promise you’ll be okay lol. they don’t care about the programs, they care about YOU. as long as your essays show a clear reflection on who you are then you should be okay. they do not admit based on what school it seems like you like more, or a school you’ve mentioned you have passion to go to. don’t worry about a thing, everything is going to work out very well for you!

4 Likes

Hi @crisv
I appreciate you helping to answer people’s questions as a UCLA CS major. This thread is mainly going to be used for folks discussing admission outcomes. I suggest you start a separate thread similar to the UMD CS student Current CS Senior at UMD - ask me anything
With results coming in today, I am sure lot of admitted students will have questions for you :slight_smile:

Are UCLA decisions coming out today?

That’s the expectation…probably late afternoon/early evening.

3 Likes

Thats true

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes

Does anyone plan on opening their portal during school today?

Did everyone here get an applicant portal login for UCLA? I got a confirmation email after I submitted my application from UC as a whole, a “Thanks for applying to UCLA” email in early January, and invitations to apply for UCLA-specific scholarships, but no applicant portal login information. I do have a scholarships and financial aid portal, is that the same thing?

Most applicants reported receiving the portal log in email through their spam folder. It may be in the spam email folder for you.

I never got a portal but this link worked. just type in the info UCLA myApplication Status

1 Like

For most in the US, it will update after school.

1 Like

Hehe, my S21 had 2 B’s, unweighted 3.97. He was rejected. :sweat_smile: But he applied to CSE…It all worked out at the end. I have him close to home (not sure if he likes that, but I am happy about it. :laughing:)

1 Like

This worked for me, thank you so much!

Does anyone know if Human Biology and Society B.A. is a competitive major?

2 Likes

I didn’t see it in my spam folder, what could be the cause?

Your spam just probably already deleted it by now. Most spam folders auto delete after about 2 weeks. Were you able to login using the link? If so, then nothing to worry about. Good luck to you!