UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

Just want to note that summer after junior year is also included.

2 Likes

They generally send it soon after an applicant applies. It’s possible that it may have been deleted after a few months.

Thank you, best wishes

any parents here with a kid whose full range of emotions have been on display for the past 24 hours? I just want this day to be over with. It’s really beating her up.

11 Likes

All majors are competitive at UCLA and since the Major is in the College of Letters and Sciences, that College does not admit by major.

2 Likes

yup, :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

Anyone’s portal say “Record not found” and something like “we weren’t able to find a record of your application”? I logged in, saw that screen, logged back in and got the normal portal. Not sure why

1 Like

Would you say that this is advantageous for applicants?

It might be down due to high levels of people logging in

1 Like

Yes. And daughter has to go onstage tonight and perform right after this all comes out. She can’t decide whether or not she will open them before they go on to sing or wait until afterwards. It does help that she has gotten into some great schools over the past week. But it’s a lot for them all to take in this month! Feels weighty.

I say this all the time here and in person to people: to get into UCLA you have to be good and lucky. Many many of you are the first but just won’t hit the second at the same time. But I know you will bloom where you are planted. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

same for my D23 tonight – going to be tough to have a bunch of kids singing when a fraction are elated and most (by odds) are disappointed…

3 Likes

Same here.

3 Likes

There are advantages and disadvantages.
Advantage:
You are not locked into a major and can easily change majors within the College of L&S.
Majority of majors are found in the College of L&S.

Disadvantage:
Majority of applicants apply to College of L&S so greater competition.
More difficult to change majors from L&S to other colleges such as Engineering.

Here is a screenshot of the # of applicants, admits, enrolled and yield by UCLA college.

6 Likes

Grim statistics considering how amazing the applicants are. It must be so hard to make these admissions decisions.

2 Likes

Nursing - ughhhhh!

3 Likes

My D opened her ED decision right before a performance. I think it helped, because then she had the happiness of performing to help end the day on a great note, vs opening a downer after everything else.

3 Likes

Considering the nursing shortage it is tragic that they have to turn away so many qualified applicants. We need nurses from great programs like UCLA SON.

4 Likes

The issue with Nursing majors in California is there are very few direct admit programs. For the UC’s it is only UCI and UCLA. Nursing programs in California all are impacted for the Direct and Indirect 2+2 programs so many CA nursing hopefuls have to look OOS programs for the best chances.

1 Like

The real problem I’ve heard from Nursing teachers is the schools aren’t paying enough so they are short teachers. The hospitals have larger budgets. This why they are impacted.

3 Likes

The other oos programs are not much better. UT Austin’s SON was the most selective program (lowest admission rate) this year across the entire university. We have a national nursing faculty shortage, too.

1 Like