UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

what time will it be released?

Historically 5 PM PST.

2 Likes

PSA: Take a deep breath. Take a few. Now repeat after me, “It’s not about where you go to college but what YOU DO THERE!”

Mamas we want to protect our precious kids from disappointment so it’s only natural that we are nervous and often crushed when they don’t get into their “dream school.” But disappointment is part of life and necessary for growth. So take a deep breath, put on your brave face and be ready to help your student get up again. It’s their resilience that’s going to define them, not where they go to college!

Best of luck to everyone, no matter where they end up!

15 Likes

Well said.

This whole concept of dream causes so much heartache. We just did away with it in our family. Whatever happens happens for the best! The universe is conspiring!!

4 Likes

Hint for anyone who can’t remember their application ID to log into UCLA tonight. It is the same across the UC’s and is listed in the UCI and UCSD portal which you can sign into without knowing your application ID! Might be easier than trying to find it in emails from 4-5 months ago.

4 Likes

Thanks; I edited.

S23 & we agreed that if we didnt have 50% rejection rate in our apps then we didn’t aim high enough. We’ll be fine with either kind of results but can’t wait for all this madness of waiting to end soon.

No one is attending more than one Univ, there is a great chance you already have the admit you will be attending this Fall.

2 Likes

I will not be able to focus today. I’m so scared.

I think the portal being down is a good indication of what’s about to happen.

2 Likes

I know everyone is on edge and super anxious. I’m wishing all of you the best in this stressful process. Please remember, the admission process is not a reflection on you, your abilities, your talents or your future. The fact that you care so much about being admitted shows your drive and that tells me that you will be successful wherever you go to college.

6 Likes

My son just texted me that his friend got denied from UCLA today for Bio Med but my son had not heard anything . His friend did get into Georgia tech and has high stats . Odd that he got his already tho I thought they did not go out until 5 or later

Im seeing some people say once they release decisions it’ll be rolling by last name… is this just no true?

No, UCLA post all decisions at once.

7 Likes

UCLA posts all decisions on the same day at the same time. Was this student an athletic recruit? Highly unlikely they have heard already.

2 Likes

Did he get an email?

Everyone go eat lunch or go eat snack or go for a walk outside, go per ur dogs, go bake cakes, do something to ease the pain of waiting. Lol​:smiley::sweat_smile:

13 Likes

This is your one warning… no further sanity or calm will be tolerated.

7 Likes

As someone with a general interest in UCs I’ve been lurking on this thread and, reading all of your posts, I’m feeling so nervous for decisions today - and my D didn’t even apply to UCLA lol

3 Likes

I thought I’d was odd to so I texted my son to ask I have not heard back yet . he is a legit kid so I can’t imagine it’s not true . The kid is still waiting to hear from Cal Poly which is a top choice very odd unless he pulled it up before they shut it down and it was a fluke I’ll update when I hear back

1 Like