UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

well i was thinking about getting textbooks from friends/graduates who can lend their old books, at the library, or get free/cheaper pdfs online. since i’m out of state, i want to find the cheapest ways possible for these additional fees outside of tuition since ucla is extremely expensive for me already since i’m oos

That is certainly a possibility. I believe there were people up thread who said that they haven’t spent anything on books.

My son who is a sophomore has spent virtually no money on textbooks. Students get a lot of stuff digitally and then annotate on an iPad with an Apple Pencil. Occasionally we’ve helped him pay to get something that is a digital subscription. But all in all it’s been maybe $200 since Fall 2021.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new thread: UCLA as an OOS student. Is it worth it?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: UCLA as an OOS student. Is it worth it?

I have spent $0 on books (other than one class which required an “online homework set”; it’s INSANE that some classes make you BUY your homework!!)

Most people I know also spend close to nothing on books. Saves about $200-$500 each quarter depending on your major.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, should I acknowledge the admissions contract if I’m still waiting on some decisions?

My daughter was accepted into Letters and Science as well! From Georgia - Cobb County

1 Like

It is my understanding admitted students have time till May 1st to fill S.I.R.

If one is waitlisted, then they have to fill some form to show continued interest and an optional formal letter to show your interest.

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your daughter’s stat?

Has anyone gotten a regent scholarship invite yet? I haven’t got one and I don’t know if I should still he hopeful lol.

1 Like

I can’t find anything anywhere, and it would be nice to know if the invites to interview were already out…though not really holding my breath for my daughter. Those things are like unicorns. She did apply for the Alumni Scholarship though; that would be nice.

Thanks! her stats are UC capped GPA 4.21,Fully weighted GPA 4.54
9 APS (AP Computer Science (5),Ap English Language and Composition(5),AP Biology(4),AP US History(4),Ap Euro Science(2), AP Art History.AP Calculus AB,AP English Literature,AP 2D Art in senior year.Strong Ecs and Leadership roles and founder of two clubs and multiple awards related to her major and lots of ECs and placements in competitions.Very strong art portfolio

1 Like

Hey all I have a quick question. On the conditions of acceptance, it states that I can’t get more than 2 C’s my senior year. The first semester I got a C in AP Calc BC and this semester I am also on track to get a C in AP Calc BC. Will this jeopardize my admission? Thanks!

2 Likes

I think it states you need to report 2 or more C’s not that you will be rescinded for 2 C’s. Can you post your conditions of admission?

Usually, maintain a 3.0 Unweighted GPA, no more than 2 C’s and no D’s or F’s.

1 Like

2 Likes

They just want an explanation if you end up with 2 or more C’s. Nothing about rescinding your acceptance unless you have no valid explanation. I suggest you work with your teacher and see what you can do to get the grade up to a B.

3 Likes

Did anyone get their physical accepted packages yet? (instate)

1 Like

I didn’t

1 Like

I would think they are referring to final grades. A C in 2 semesters of the same class is (1) C for the final grade.

1 Like