UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

https://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/governance/policies/2110.html

1 Like

Its staggering to me that a big chunk of recipients don’t respond to the questionnaire.

It’s a better response rate than UCB gets with its LOR requests! For fall 2021 admissions, UCB sent LOR requests to 16,783 applicants, and only 4,937 submitted one or more LORs.

Just sharing anecdotally, I know of a student from last year’s senior class who received & completed the augmented review. He was later admitted; STEM major.

1 Like

Could it be that there were conditions of the LOR that they couldn’t meet (or) they didn’t have sufficient evidence to justify and simply decide to not respond. Could be a million other reasons too, just spitballing.

1 Like

We have not received portal instructions yet.

This is the portal link. It’s different than the other UCs. All you need is your UC application ID and you know the rest to log in: UCLA myApplication Status

2 Likes

Check you spam folder. My UCLA portal instructions went to my spam folder.

Thanks. I was able to log in and see application received as the status. Is this the only info that ppl are referring to as the portal set up email or is there something else?

2 Likes

Checked there but nothing :frowning:

1 Like

That’s all there is. It’s the same thing you will use to get your decision in March.

1 Like

24 posts were split to a new thread: Out of state Honors designated Classes, UC GPA and UC Comprehensive Review

A post was merged into an existing topic: Out of state Honors designated Classes, UC GPA and UC Comprehensive Review

I have split off the OOS Honors class and UC GPA calculation discussion onto a separate discussion thread.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/out-of-state-honors-designated-classes-uc-gpa-and-uc-comprehensive-review/

2 Likes

As an OOS student, how do they select applicants? I got an email for a UCLA alumni scholarship, but how is it selected?

For general admission, UCLA like all the UC’s use 13 areas of criteria they consider in their application review.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/applying-as-a-freshman/how-applications-are-reviewed.html

For the Alumni scholarship:
The shortlisting process appears to be based primarily on a) did you write an essay that stands out and gets noticed by your reader and b) your community service and similar ECs.

The Alumni Association is independent of UCLA admissions. There is only a one way flow of information:

1. UCLA admissions give the Alumni Association a list of some subset of applicants for the invitation email. Then the invitation is sent out and people apply for the Alumni scholarship.
  2. After UCLA admissions have announced their admission decisions, they give the Alumni Association a list of admitted students so they can screen out any scholarship applications from those who weren’t admitted before starting to read them.
5 Likes

For undergrad admissions:

2 Likes

I saw a while ago a chart for admit rate for ELC students, is there a chart for statewide guarantee students? For some reason no one at my school has ELC, only the statewide guarantee.

I believe that some high schools do not participate in ELC.

Is statewide guarantee equivalent to ELC as one of the 13 holistic criteria ?

4 Likes