UCLA Fall 2022: Transfer Thread

Does anyone know if it easier to transfer to UCLA from another UC or from a community college? And is there any data that shows the numbers for these two situations?

Not that I know of. The UC Berkeley withdrawal glitch is the only of its kind. I have not found any similar portal glitches for other UCs.

It is much much much easier to transfer to UCLA from a community college than another UC. I believe 93% of admitted transfer students came from a community college.

UCLA, specifically, prioritizes admission from both, so I imagine they’re pretty evenly matched. But, I think CCC might be “easier.” Especially when selecting classes, you can use assist.org to plan for the courses that directly correlate to UCLA’s classes and can have more flexibility in selecting them. And if required classes are filled, you can always take them at another CC, whereas when at a UC, I think you have to get approval to attend another institution part-time. But, UCs also have a reciprocity agreement so requirements at one UC campus can be applied to those at another. Additionally, class sizes for gen-ed/ IGTEC requirements at a CC are likely to be much smaller and more intimate than those at a UC, so potentially a greater chance of success in the class and extra help. Also, cheaper tuition for a CC, if any. Plus, UCLA offers the Transfer Alliance Program for community college students. And for all UCs except UCLA, Berkeley, and UCSD, there’s a transfer admission guarantee (TAG) program for eligible applicants. Personally, I think the CCC path allows for cheaper, more flexible planning if you want to keep a specific UC campus in mind, and that majority of admits come from a CCC.

Here’s UCLA’s profile for transfer students from all CCC: https://admission.ucla.edu/apply/transfer/transfer-profile/community-college

2 Likes

Yes I am

Hi!!! I hope you get in! sending you good vibes

What are your stats? I am comm too. I am 4.0 did 4 major prep by fall, 1 in winter, and 2 in spring. How many major prep did you complete by fall?

You too! How many major prep did you complete by fall 2021?

I completed all of them in spring 2021,
Feeling nervous cause of how impacted communications is
I finished with a 3.7 :/gpa

what about you?

I only completed 4 by fall 2021 so that may impact my decision I did 1 in winter and 2 in spring

Any psychology majors here?

Me!

I’ve been trying to catch up on the comments about the suspected decision date… am I correct in saying that Wednesday at 5pm is the most likely?

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully

Good luck everyone. Hopefully DS hears back tomorrow 4/28! I’m pretty sure that’s “our” day transfer gang! :smiley:

1 Like

What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking

GPA: 4.0
IGETC Certified
All Major prep was completed last fall

1 Like

Is the applicant portal down for anyone else?

It’s up for me