UCLA Fall 2022: Transfer Thread

Can you send a link to that info?

Look up “UCLA Alumni events” and scroll to April 16th. It’s not explicitly stated but it’s a pattern I and many other people have observed.

1 Like

https://community.ucla.edu/event/51646c0d-f54c-cfb6-bd4f-43a79d4c395a

Implies that decisions will be released on the 18th since alumni applications are reviewed after students are admitted.

Found this on Reddit. This is for freshman applications. Just scroll down to April 16th and it shows for transfers.

1 Like

https://community.ucla.edu/event/fa75eb6d-c22e-7308-3c2f-7a9dea2f2744

1 Like

Notice that freshman decisions were released Friday March 18 and the alumni review began March 19. ASSUMING the same pattern, transfers should hear from ucla on 4/15

1 Like

this actually makes sense though! I am so glad we possibly shaved off another week of waiting, the holding on is BRUTAL

Have you been able to see this for past years too?

If I’m not mistaken, they use to send out the Regents invite before acceptances came out. This would mean that this new system is unprecedented, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

Gotcha, so it’s really based on this year’s freshmen because the previous years have all been different than this year?

Not sure what you are referring to but the Alumni scholarship and Regents scholarship are offered and awarded by different entities.

Yes, I believe that the people who are theorizing about an April 15th admissions date are basing this off of the freshman dates from 2022.

My bad, I always get regents and alumni confused!

1 Like

Major: Film and Television
**GPA: ** 3.75
TAP+Alternate Major: TAP Certified and alt major was Pre-History
ECs: President of School’s film club; student ambassador, work at Amazon Fresh
IGETC: In Progress; two more courses
In-state/OOS/International: In-state
School Type: CC
Other: Essays were polished.

Most likely I’ll be rejected for their film program but will I have a chance of getting accepted nothingness if my alt-major is tap-certified? Also, I’m doing all three pre-requisites for the alt-majpr this spring semester, will that negatively affect my chance?

What is the acceptance ratio of transfer from CC? It will be getting harder 2 years later (I think so)?

It depends on your major. You can look it up here. https://admission.ucla.edu/apply/transfer/transfer-profile/major

1 Like

Thank you. Can we think 30~40% transfer admit rate (physics, math, etc.) is easier than freshman admission?

Major: psychology, adt
GPA: 3.94
Work: 40+ hours a week as assistant manager for past 2 years
Volunteer: Animal shelter/cat fostering
Credits: around 70
I have all my prerequisites done and am a California resident. Just got rejected from SDSU, seems like it’s gonna be a tough year for transfers and psyc majors so I’m very nervous.
I also applied to UCSD and UCI. I have gotten into CSUSM, CSULB, Cal Poly Pamona, and UCR so far. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Major: Psychology
GPA: 4.0
ECs: captain of eSports team, worked during the pandemic, volunteered at old folks homes with therapy dogs
IGETC: in progress, will be completed by the end of this current spring term.
In-state.
Other: Attending 3 different CCC’s, completing all 60 units in only one year. (23 units fall, 10 intersession, currently taking 27 in spring right now)

oops i meant philosophy… i am not a psych major LOL… reading too many responses from people i guess

Major: Pre-Psychology
GPA: 4.0
TAP+Alternate Major: Did not do TAP
ECs: Student Council President, including 4 years of ASB (Freshman Representative, Commissioner of Pep & Spirit, Commissioner of Technology), work 30+ hours a week at Raising Cane’s as a certified trainer (Employee of the Quarter).
IGETC: Completed
In-state
School Type: CC
Other: I completed all of my prerequisites in fall 2021, made the President’s list every semester, had decent essays, and received an invitation to apply for the alumni scholarship back in January.