UCSB RMP 2022 Summer research program

I got an interview request a few days ago but since it is so late I am concerned about my chances of getting in. Does the program offer everyone an interview? Does anyone know how likely you are to get accepted if they offered an interview?

I have the same question, just received the email to schedule an interview. Is there still a chance to get in/are spots still open, and does everyone get offered an interview? Also what is the interview like question wise?

Hi, when was the recommendation submitted? I also got an interview request yesterday. Mine was submitted in mid-March. Feeling very nervous.

Congratulations!! I’m not asking direct questions but in general what did they focus on - on the resume or what you expect from the program? Are you a California resident? I’m from New York - not sure if it will make a difference in their selection process.

Congratulations!! I’m not asking direct questions but in general what did they focus on - on the resume or what you expect from the program? Are you a California resident? I’m from New York - not sure if it will make a difference in their selection process.

Hi, did they tell how long they will keep you on waitlist?

Same, submitted mid March. When is your interview?

Today and I don’t have time to prepare, as too much school work.

Hi, so I’ve been following this thread for a while. I just received a notification that I got it. I’m an international student who goes to boarding school in Mass. I handed my application a few days before the deadline and my teacher submitted my recommendation late. I think it was my interview + good background that made me stand out because I really love exploring different fields and I think they were looking like that.

Wow, Congrats!! If you don’t mind me asking, did you already have prior research experience and did you bring that up in your interview? I just had my interview today and was wondering what they were expecting from students.

So I had prior research experience in history (we write a lot of papers in our school and I also had an independent research project) and I brought it up when they asked what research means to me. I think another thing that made me stand out was that I had both STEM skills (quite competent in Java and Python) but also I really love politics, literature, and history.

They sent me an email last week saying they’ll start selecting people from the waitlist starting next week.

Thanks Natalia_Liu

Hi Sussine_Chen, after how many days of interview did you hear from them?

hi! i just got in and I received an admissions update on my portal 4 days after my interview.

Congratulations Sachi. I’m still waiting to hear back.

Congrats!!

hi everyone! ive been following this thread for a while, and i just got in. i had my interview around 7 days ago.

Congratulations!! So was your interview last Tuesday on May 10th? Also will you get an email about acceptance or should I check portal everyday?

my mistake – interview was on wednesday! i received an email saying that my decision letter was available in the portal, so you dont have to check the portal everyday because they’ll send you an email to let you know that there is an update on your decision!