UCSD or UCSC

I’m still a junior in high school so I shouldn’t be that worried but I’ve never had a clue which schools I liked and now that I do I can’t stop thinking about it bear with me…keep in mind I’m planning on psychology major to probably pursue neuropsychology
UCSD cheaper option since I can stay home but it would be a good 30 min drive. They offer psychology in bachelor of science which is what I want. Unfortunately idk if I would get in because they’re very selective and prefer a high math SAT score over English but I suck at math despite having a 4.0. I got a 1090 on my PSAT which is not that good but I hope on improving to get at least 1200 for my SAT.
UCSC more or less the dream school I never knew I had it seems like the perfect environment in all aspects. I think I would find lots of friends and fun stuff to do there and the weather is amazing. San Diego is known for good weather but it gets too hot for me and the pollution is a serious problem. I would have to live on campus though so it would likely be more expensive. I think I have a very good chance at getting in but I’m concerned that they only have psychology in bachelor of arts and I wanna set myself up for success.
They’re both great schools but I’d like other opinions about which option would be best for me and if I don’t get into UCSD should I just do community college?

You can apply to both and then decide after seeing the admission results. Be sure to talk to your parents about cost to determine whether living on campus is financially feasable. You can run the net price calculator on each campus’ web site to get an estimate of financial aid.

I agree with @ucbalumnus in that you need to apply and see if you are accepted before trying to make a decision for which school to attend. Neither is an easy admit, so do some research, apply widely, identify some solid safety schools you are willing to attend and remember your “dream” college is the college that accepts you, is affordable, has your major and you are willing to attend.