UCSD, UCD, UCLA admission results

Hi guys. So i am admitted for an undeclared Major at UCSD (Warren). I chose Chemical Engineering when I was filing my application, I don’t understand how it got changed to that. Will it be difficult for me to change it back to Chemical Engineering?
Also I got into UCD and wait listed at UCLA.
I’m freaking out. I thought I knew where to go. I did a lot of research before, and overall I found that UCLA is the best option. However, I have only been wait listed so for now, I have to pick between UCD and UCSD.
Some people say UCSD is better, others say UCD is better. I looked up so many forums and discussions, but some of them were from few years ago. I found out that the Chemical Engineering is pretty new at UCSD,and that it was ranked lower than the others, and that UCD’s program isn’t as good as UCSD, but it’s been a while, so I’m not sure if the ranking has changed.
My first choice was UCSD, am I making the right choice? I know Warren is full on Engineering students, but it’s location is kinda far.
Also, what if I get in to UCLA later on? Should I just transfer there instead?
I really thought I had this whole thing figured out. I have to talk to someone who understands. Please help T_T

Hey there aicirelle, I too applied for chemical engineering at UCSD and got admitted as undeclared (Revelle). I talked to some people who have tried to go from undeclared into engineering/computer science once they started attending UCSD. They said it is very difficult to be admitted because you have to maintain a 3.8+ gpa for your prerequisite courses to be admitted. Some of them had to go into other majors like physics, chemistry, or mathematics because they were declined. It turns out I haven’t taken the prerequisites organic chemistry 1 and 2 which hurt my admittance into the major. I am staying at community college one year to bring my gpa to a 3.9 and finish my prerequisites to apply again.

The department for chemical engineering is very small at UCSD. So small in fact they have it under nanoengineering. If you just graduated from high school go to UCDavis. When I had graduated high school I got accepted into 6 schools: 4 of them were UCs including UCSB and UCD and was unable to attend because of severe financial limitations.

If you can go to UCDavis don’t miss the opportunity. Stay on top of your game as well, the path of chemical engineering is not an easy one and there is more competition than ever.

Did UCD admit you to the chemical engineering major?

It does not look too difficult to change into the chemical engineering major at UCD, according to http://engineering.ucdavis.edu/undergraduate/advising-q-a/#a1 .

Seems like going to UCSD would entail a high risk of not being able to get into your desired major, which may require you to transfer to another school if you are denied your desired major. So UCD is preferable if being able to study your desired major is important.

Yes UCD did. But how good is their chemical engineering program?

@ lime in the account
I am transferring from a community college.
Does UCD have a better chemical engineering program ?Where do you plan on applying next year?