UGA Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

University of Georgia offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at UGA is October 15.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 1. Last year, UGA admitted 8,086 of the 20,901 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate for Early Action was 38%. For more information visit the University of Georgia page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other UGA applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University of Georgia? Why UGA? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other UGA topics visit the university-of-georgia tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about UGA Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Tweet from David Graves at UGA

“Rough numbers for EA apps looks like about 21,500 applications submitted. We are up about 1,000 or so from last year, increase is mainly out of state, did not expect that at all. Wow. It’s going to be a busy next few months in my office. Think I’ll go back to bed now.”

4 Likes

Just checked that EA decisions are being released November 19th, in the late afternoon! Fingers crossed and good luck to all!

7 Likes

Only 4 more days for EA Decision day!

4 Likes

So excited and nervous!

3 Likes

Dr Graves from UGA Admissions, just posted new data for 2022 EA . Very interesting info. I noticed right away that Test scores/GPA/ Rigor stats are down compared to previous year.

4 Likes

The stats he posted are for the applicant pool as a whole. The accepted student stats will be higher. Are you saying the applicant pool is weaker this year?

7 Likes

You’re right. The admitted student stats will be posted Friday. He has mentioned a couple of times in Twitter that last year stats (for test scores) were higher than usual due to being test optional. They expected that number to be lower this year as tests are required for this admissions cycle. I don’t expect the pool to be weaker. They also received more applicants this year from OOS.
It will be very interesting to see the ’ EA admitted students profile’ once he posts it Friday and how it really compares to the last 2 years (before and after pandemic) . Admissions have been so unpredictable after Covid.

5 Likes

This is the blog on the applicant pool last year for comparison. As expected, the ACT/SAT scores are lower this year since reporting was required.

4 Likes

Yes ACT scores and SAT scores are lower, since the only reason most people sent them last year was because they were good. However GPA has gone up so that the average GPA is over a 4.0. Sounds like overall this pool this year is stronger academically than last year’s, at least for EA.

I also noticed that David Graves prediction for the number of regular decision applications went up from 15,000 to 18,000 so the 25% increase due to test optional last year is certainly not backing back down!

I guess we will know the real stats on Friday, but my guess is GPA for admits higher and test scores the same :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Seems EA decisions will be out late afternoon tomorrow. Any idea out of 21.6k applicants what % will be admitted?

Here is a link to last year’s EA decisions. Roughly 39% admitted out of 20.5K.

https://www.admissions.uga.edu/blog/2021-ea-decisions-and-data/

1 Like

wow 30% of the pool got admitted.

Anyone see prior Honors stats? I saw first round of Honors will be offered along with EA, but not merit :frowning:

39%. 30% were admitted without submitting scores, an option not available this year.

thanks. UGA rank also nationally seems gone up and it’s in top 15 public universities nationally now. They seems not going to reveal scholarships until mid December? My D was offered full ride in Mercer EA yesterday, though chances she goes there will be almost 0%

Good luck to all today! Go Dawgs! :hearts: :black_heart: :hearts: :black_heart:

3 Likes

Yes. Although EA applicants are historically stronger, and my recollection is a lower percentage were accepted RD. Their historical released information about the average stats for admitted EA students seemed to track very accurately last year, although stats rose slightly.

1 Like