UIUC Class of 2026 Discussion

It’s definitely in the top four. My son went there and loved it. I have also heard great things about the chemistry dept. so far all
The faculty that she has reached out
To have been very helpful.

1 Like

Any idea when notification about Chancellors Honors and or James scholars or Gies scholars comes out ?

My S22 is actually majoring in AAE. However, I have spent the last few weeks doing research on the T2M process, since like BME, AAE is also a limited capacity major. (Shout out to @momofboiler1 for all the help!). S22 is still awaiting a decision about UIUC honors and from a few more colleges, but right now it’s between Purdue and UIUC. It will be a hard choice for sure! Best of luck to all!:grinning:

1 Like

Is there a discord server for the admitted students?

No idea what that means

yes there is one, a UIUC ‘26 specific one as well as a UIUC general one

@Stephanie_Embree_Rob , My S19 was in a similar boat and he picked UIUC for AE. One of the considerations was his minor choice He is minoring in CS and enjoying it even though he says CS classes are tough. And the impressive AE administrative director at UIUC who had a great industry knowledge. Both are great schools and i am confident that our kids will do great in either school based on the fact that they have been accepted at these 2 schools (speaks for their hard work and dedication). Good luck!

@formydd Thank you, good luck to you as well. S22 is going to participate in UIUC’s SITE visit in a few weeks. Hopefully that will give him a good feel for the school and the program.

1 Like

Has anyone on here received scholarship yet?

1 Like

My S22 just received Matthews scholarship today via mail.
(Accepted to CS in Grainger Engineering)

13 Likes

Congrats !

1 Like

Congrats! That’s awesome

1 Like

Congratulations !! I guess today is the scholarship notification day. Son received a departmental scholarship today.

3 Likes

for what school?

thats nice, congrats

1 Like

Could anyone send me the link pls?

Congratulations! Did they notify via email?

1 Like

Has anyone heard about honors?

Grainger

Thank you. Yes he received an email.

2 Likes