UM Class of 2016 EA Applicants Thread

<p>Congrats to everyone who got in! Now, go out and enjoy your weekend with the good news, and I hope to see you here next year. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me (PM me, email me, or facebook me - <a href="mailto:rob@robrankin.com">rob@robrankin.com</a>).</p>

<p>There is still nothing on myUM for me… Do they still keep on sending out decisions on Saturday? It would be torture and unfair to wait till Monday:(</p>

<p>I read on their FB Admissions page that they are going to finish releasing them over the next couple days.</p>

<p>Accepted! Dickinson Scholarship :slight_smile: 20k/year! Any Marine Science people message me so I can get you on facebook</p>

<p>Still nothing…</p>

<p>Those already notified… Did you get an email first or did you just happen to check myUM ?</p>

<p>No email, I just checked my account</p>

<p>Okay, thanks!</p>

<p>Despite this post (below), I think everyone is taking the weekend off! </p>

<p>University of Miami - Class of 2016 Decisions will continue to be released over the next few days for all completed EA applicants.
11 hours ago</p>

<p>Hmmm…</p>

<p>University of Miami - Class of 2016 Decisions will continue to be released over the next few days for all completed EA applicants.
2 minutes ago · LikeUnlike ·</p>

<p>^ Where is this written? I’m on the UM fb page and I don’t see it</p>

<p>It’s on the “University of Miami Class of 2016” page, in reply to a post from someone named Kathryn.</p>

<p>Haha that’s me!</p>

<p><a href=“The Opera Blog - News | Opera”>The Opera Blog - News | Opera;

<p>:)</p>

<p>^ Hai derrrr :)</p>

<p>Did anyone else get invited to the Singer weekend the March 23-24?</p>

<p>@musicalme: this guy!</p>

<p>I really wish they could have scheduled it sometime else though…that’s prime spring break time and plane ticket prices to Miami are absolutely through the roof.</p>

<p>I knoww…I have to miss my marine bio trip to florida and the bahamas (already paid for) too! Oh well, I think the whole experience is probably worth it. But yeah, plane tickets are ridiculouss.</p>

<p>Wow, to be honest if that were me I’d have think hard about not doing the bio trip (assuming I was interested in marine bio…lol). Sounds like an amazing opportunity.</p>

<p>I wish UMich (my #1) was even half as liberal with merit aid as Miami…didn’t even do anything except apply and I got 24k with a chance at the Singer thrown at me. I’ll be lucky to get a dime from Michigan. Miami’s merit aid makes it an attractive option for a good student…</p>

<p>musicalme - When I talked to admissions a while back, they did mention the third scholarship weekend, I believe, as a possibility for those who had a conflict. Since your invite was for Singer, not Stamps, I believe you said, perhaps you can switch to the third weekend, which I believe is usually for Singer RD? During that conversation, I was explaining that we had had a vacation scheduled for almost a year and would be out of the country during the last two weekends, and I did get the impression that they would try to work with students who had conflicts to help everyone have a chance to attend. The only thing I remember being told would not work is if a student couldn’t make it to the first (Stamps/Singer) weekend, and needed to switch to one of the others. In that case, if they attended the 2nd or 3rd weekend, they would not be able to compete for the Stamps, only the Singer. </p>

<p>That’s my recollection, anyway, of the convo, so perhaps you could check with admissions to see whether the third weekend is a possibility? (if the third one fits your schedule, of course, and allows you to make it to your marine bio trip!)</p>