<h1>44 University of Tulsa</h1>

<h1>44 University of Wisconsin-Madison</h1>

<h1>47 University of California-Davis</h1>

<h1>47 University of Maryland-College Park</h1>

<h1>49 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute</h1>

<h1>49 University of California-Santa Cruz</h1>

<h1>49 University of Miami</h1>

<h1>49 University of Texas-Austin</h1>

<p>and the point of this is? Admission selectivity doesn't mean that every department is good or better than a comparable university. Each department quality varies from school to school. The quality of each major varies with many factors.</p>

<p>In addition, state schools tend to be more of an adminstrative nightmare plus many states are cuting back in funding to state schools, which affect quality in many ways. Also, all schools have different cultures,which also affects "fit" for a student.</p>

<p>Don't get too comfortable with University of Florida being marginally more selective than University of Miami.</p>

<p>UM was ranked 66th just 4 years ago. Currently it is ranked 54th. University of Miami's selectivity has soared and within 5 -10 years it will be as selective and it could easily be more selective than University of Florida.</p>

<p>You have something against University of Miami, but I will not let you spread your pro University of Florida and anti- University of Miami propaganda on this website.</p>

<p>"You have something against University of Miami, but I will not let you spread your pro University of Florida and anti- University of Miami propaganda on this website."</p>

<p>What are you gonna do about it.</p>

<p>You can't do anything. I'm personally applying to UM so I like it, I just don't get where you come off thinking you can control what people say.</p>

<p>10 spots in selectivity means nothing when applying for your first job. 10 spots in selectivty is the equivalent between the selectivity difference between NYU and the University of Virginia or Upenn and Northwestern and Tufts.</p>

<p>The selectivity difference is so small it is useles.</p>

<p>By the way the University of Miami and the University of Florida have identical 25-75% SAT ranges.</p>

<p>I'm not going to let some troll put down the University of Miami.</p>

<p>Haha, nothing you can do about it. You have no choice. Not going to let them? Good luck.</p>

<p>Dunk, </p>

<p>So what ever happend with you at Penn State? </p>

<p>Just for the record I don't have anything against UM, I just happen to believe that UF is the better option between the two. Also I like sticking it to the boys from South Florida. Notice I didn't say one word about the incident (because that would truly be crossing the line). </p>

<p>Now why don't you go home and get your shine box.</p>

<p>I'll stick it to the boys in hicksville, Florida the way you stick it to the boys in South Florida. You brawl, we brawl</p>

<p>Who is 19382 person anyway???? Absolutely useless posts.</p>

<p>University of Florida and the University of Miami have the same average SAT range.</p>

<p>What are you going to say to that???</p>

<p>UF's acceptance rate is 57%, University of Miami's acceptance rate is 46%.</p>

<p>They have identical SAT ranges of 1160-1350.</p>

<p>Lastly, the only reason why UF has a higher selectivity is because it has more students in the top 10% of their high school class. </p>

<p>To me that is a very trivial statstic because a lot of high schools ahve stopped ranking.</p>

<p>"They have identical SAT ranges of 1160-1350"</p>

<p>That's incorrect here is UF's real SAT range for the Class of 2006:</p>

<p>Middle 50% of the Class</p>

<p>High School GPA of 3.9 - 4.4
SAT of 1220 - 1390
ACT of 26 - 31</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/frprofile.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/frprofile.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Your numbers are incorrect SSobick. Unless the statistics you provide show up as the SAT range for U.S. News in the upcoming ranking, I will not believe them. </p>

<p>The school can easily inflate the numbers and there is no method for comparison between University of Miami with the statistics you provided because we don't know if those will be the actual statistics provided by U.S. News.</p>

<p>U.S. News often has lower numbers than what the school reports on its website.</p>

<p>If you would like to use those numbers, I have the same statistics from the University of Miami.</p>

<p>Typical freshman class profile:
• Number of incoming freshmen: 2,000
• Approximately 83% live on campus
• Approximately 2/3 are in the top 10% of their class
• Approximately half of the new freshmen graduated in the top 5% of their class
• Average weighted GPA: 4.2</p>

<p>Admitted student mid-range SAT scores:
• 25th percentile: 1220
• 75th percentile: 1370</p>

<p>Admitted student mid-range ACT scores:
• 25th percentile: 27
• 75th percentile: 31 </p>

<p><a href="http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/0,1770,29532-1;36206-2;41088-3,00.html#Freshmanprofile%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/0,1770,29532-1;36206-2;41088-3,00.html#Freshmanprofile&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Based on these statistics, University of Florida is about the same in selectivity as the University of Miami when looking at factors such as GPA, SAT/ACT range and acceptance percentage.</p>

<p>So no, Ssobick, University of Florida is not that much tougher to get into than University of Miami based on gpa, SAT/ACT scores and acceptance percentage. In fact, based on these statistics I have provided, it seems that University of Miami is more selective than University of Florida.</p>

<p>Are you ready for this???</p>

<p>UF's 2007 FTIC class is rumored to have a median score of 1320. Up from 1306 for the class of 2006.</p>

<p>It seems like UM's 2007 class isn't even equivalent to UF's 2006 class in terms of the SAT ranges.</p>

<p>SSobick, UF's 2007 FTIC class is rumored......</p>

<p>I don't think I need to say anything more. </p>

<p>You are using a rumor to support your arguement.</p>

<p>Looks like SSobick has to use rumor information with no factual credibility to support his claim that UF is better than UM.</p>

<p>If we use information that is a proven fact, accurate and reliable, UM is pretty much the same as UF in terms of selectivity.</p>

<p>What is FTIC information any way?</p>

<p>Nobody uses FTIC information. The most widely used sources by far are U.S. News and the school's website itself.</p>

<p>That's like saying for the MBA rankings you rely on the Gourman Report instead of Businessweek and U.S. News.</p>

<p>Again, people use the most common sources available.</p>

<p>Lastly, we don't need you posting any rumored information that is unreliable and unsubstantiated.</p>

<p>FACT = UM's 2007 class does not have as strong of a SAT range as UF's 2006 class.</p>

<p>Admitted student mid-range SAT scores for UM for the class of 2007:

<p>Admitted student mid-range SAT scores for UF for the class of 2006:
• 75th percentile: 1390</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/frprofile.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/frprofile.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>SSobick, University of Florida does not have as high of an ACT range as the University of Miami nor does it have as high of an average high school GPA</p>

<p>Here is UF's real SAT range for the class of 2006:</p>

<p>Middle 50% of the Class</p>

<p>High School GPA of 3.9 - 4.4
SAT of 1220 - 1390
ACT of 26 - 31</p>

<p>University of Miami's numbers:</p>

<p>Average weighted GPA: 4.2
Admitted student mid-range SAT scores:

<p>Admitted student mid-range ACT scores:
• 25th percentile: 27
• 75th percentile: 31 </p>

<p>University of Miami's ACT range is 27 - 31 which is greater than UF's 26-31. </p>

<p>University of Miami's average GPA of 4.2 is greater than UF's 4.15</p>

<p>By far the most widely used college rankings, the U.S. News rankings, have the University of Miami and University of Florida as being equal in SAT score range with both schools having an 1160-1350 range.</p>

<p>SSobick, this is the deal. If you stop trying to post all these statistics that University of Florida is greater than University of Miami based on GPA and SAT scores, I have no reason to bash you.</p>

<p>When you try to support your claims with facts that have not been released yet and are so wrong from the data provided by U.S. News and the school's website itself, I won't let you get away with it.</p>

<p>IF you stop bashing UM, I stop bashing UF.</p>

<p>you got it.</p>

<p>Believe it or not I am proud of UM, and think they are doing a fantastic job.</p>