UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

DD got in, CS in state, honor college, 2k

3 Likes

Maybe umass is just thinking about how big the merit should offer to you

2 Likes

The waiting is brutal! But, please know that everything will work out for the best! And we know for a fact that UMass is not done yet and that every wave includes acceptances.

2 Likes

Hang in there…if it makes you feel better my daughter hasn’t heard from any of her colleges yet. The others come out on Jan 27th

2 Likes

Do they send out deferrals, wait list, etc in these waves?

1 Like

DS (IS) got accepted to CS in the Manning College of Information & Computer Sciences. Also received Chancellor’s Award in the amount of $16,000 per year.

6 Likes

Accepted animal science with Chancellor’s award (12k annually).
OOS
3.34UW/3.78W
2 AP courses this year; 2DE this year
Honors Bio Sophomore Year; Honors Chem & English last year; Regular Physics.

ETA 1410 SAT

7 Likes

is Vet school your goal?

They don’t give out much merit for in state- my son was accepted into the Honors College and received $2000/year. He received significantly more from UNH and UVM- enough to put it in the ballpark-ish of instate prices at UMass (a little more, but fairly close). Still waiting on the last two schools and an additional visit, but UMass is his current top choice.

5 Likes

My son got into CS (OOS) and received the $16,000 per year Chancellor’s Award. No Honors College. He is thrilled!

9 Likes

Tagging onto this. D23 accepted into Honors College in the first wave in state $2000 in aid. The other 2 acceptances so far have awarded much more aid.

3 Likes

Congrats to everyone who got in! Any idea when the next wave is?

2 Likes

If you click through some of the next steps info below the letter, you’ll find tours for admitted students - I was impressed that they have all the days already listed.

1 Like

Currently S23 leaning in that direction but also has an interest in Marine Bio.

Yes, accepted.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the merit-based aid listed in the acceptance letter is all? Or is need-based aid announced at a later date?

1 Like

I think that’s pretty typical. We’re in NY - my daughter got from 10-15k at all of the OOS she applied to (14 at UMass) but only 1 - 5k from the SUNYs.

1 Like

Need based will be separate and issued later

1 Like

Were the other acceptances OOS? That might explain it.

2 Likes

okay, thank you!

2 Likes