UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

I think I got that email because I am an EA applicant :ok_hand:

Does it say the portal is “temporarily unavailable” for anyone else?

Yes, unavailable. And I had just logged in 30 min ago and it was working fine.

Does for my son too

I don’t think this is a strictly umass issue though, I think it’s an issue with the portal service because my Georgia state portal is also down, I heard someone say CWRU is too

LAST Year (2021 ) email was sent out on Friday, December 5th AM , same email that was sent Dec 07th this year 2022 stating Jan 30th as a deadline to receive decision. However, first student that received decision posted on this site that email notification came in on December 07th, 2021 2 AM EST. Some students reported that did not get that email. If they do the same this year, we should see some decisions starting this Friday, Dec 09th 2022. Good luck to everyone!

4 Likes

I’ve assumed they’ll send the first wave either by the end of this week or next week.

I got it also - EA applicant

1 Like

Did the first email not go out to all applicants, just those that would get a decisions two days later?

I doubt that

I think because the website crashed earlier today, it could be because of too many people checking after the email, or because admissions is entering the info for the first wave.

well, we should probably expect to see a first wave soon.

Good luck all!

2 Likes

Excellent question, and I would like to know the answer as well. I don’t think there is enough data to make conclusion. Some emails may end up in junk folders, and delayed for different reasons.

There were several schools that crashed this morning. They all use the same cloud-based software packages with the front end configured for each school. It was the provider that had an issue. Wasn’t UMass specific and wasn’t because of heavy traffic.

EA applicant-- no email since S applied Nov 2.

It seems their email only went out to the counselors so far.

I got the email. Almost all EA applicants did. Check spam - I can see how it may have ended up in there.

1 Like

They said in their comments on IM that all early applicants would get an email about the process. This should have gone to all.

1 Like

Thanks. I am slightly concerned S got nothing. But he checked spam and such. He did log into the portal and verified they had received everything though. Weird.

1 Like