UMass Amherst vs Purdue... ughh i can't decide

<p>Sometimes I wish I got accepted to one school and rejected to all others. That would totally make my life much easier. So I got into Purdue as a Law and Society major, and Psychology major for UMass Amherst. Both are great schools, but I heard Purdue is a bit better than UMass Amherst. I'm looking to go on to grad school after, so do a lot of Purdue graduates go on to a prestigious grad school? I really wanna go to Columbia or Harvard. What college would look better on my application to grad school?</p>

<p>IMO, I think Purdue will give you a better chance. If finances matter and UMass-Amherst is your state school then go there. If you can afford paying for Purdue’s OOS tuition while eyeballing the cost of Grad. school after graduation then go to Purdue. Personally, I think Purdue is more prestigious and colleges will prefer a transcript from Purdue than UMass-Amherst. If you take rankings into consideration, USNews ranked Purdue at #61 overall in the US and UMass-Amherst at #106.</p>

<p>My god Im in your same boat…I really cant decide but heres what Im going to do…</p>

<p>Spring long weekend (april 21st-april 26th), Im planning on visiting both campuses.
So far it seems like my hearts set in Purdue…I just feel like I could easily fit in there.</p>

<p>I know this sounds cheesy, but check out the campus and follow your instinct. Worst thing that can happen is that you transfer. :)</p>