UMD Banneker Key Scholarship and Other Aid - 2019

We were told it was going to be close to the end of March.

@tpike12 Thanks!

D received Banneker Key results today. She got the partial.

Likewise, only partial. Still thankful though!

Got home from work and my whole family was there, including D1 (a sophomore at UMd) home on break, when D2 received her email that she got the full! Amazing moment. Pretty sure she is Maryland bound now! Oh my gosh.

@Eellam Congrats!

We just got an email from President Loh saying that my DS got a full Banneker/Key scholarship. We are static!
Very very grateful for the merit recognition and generosity of UMD.
Great place to be!

Partial at $12,000/year. No way to afford it OOS.

really?
you kid can get a job on campus…that may help

I got the full B/K!! I am so excited and I will be committing to UMD this weekend :slight_smile:

S got the full B/K too! Very excited :slight_smile: especially since he had gotten the MIT rejection the day before

Did anyone else not receive an email yet ? I don’t know how to check whether or not I got full / partial.

I heard in an email that I received the full scholarship, but you can also check your Coalition checklist, and towards the bottom there’s a thing about your Merit Award.

Did anyone receive the full Banneker OOS?

Hi
My son also got the full BK.He has 1580 SAT, captain of varsity sports team, marching band and several other EC and community service.He is a NMF too.

I was recently awarded a scholarship by the School of Engineering that will meet 100% of my need each year as determined by the FAFSA. Does this mean that I should not accept any outside scholarships, since doing so would likely reduce my aid by the same amount?

@Jwoyal - I would recommend calling the Financial Aid office to get an exact reading on the rules.

@jwoyal As you suggest, I believe most outside scholarships will essentially reduce the the scholarship you are receiving from the Engineering school with the your EFC (effective finiancial contribution) staying the same. Also this engineering scholarship negates the subsidized federal loan of $5500 however you can still take out the unsubsidized loan if you want. However I would definitely call the Finiancial Aid office to confirm all the details. Congrats!

@jwoyal - I believe UMD stacks scholarships or that is one of the Ambassadors told us when we visited for the Banneker/Key interviews anyways.